Log file size RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everybody,

our SharePoint-Logfiles are more than 4GB. Is there a way to create pakets automatecilly when a size (e.g. 100MB) is reached ?

Thanks alot

Friday, December 3, 2010 12:41 PM

Answers

• If it is Diagnostic Logging you are talking about you can reduce the number minutes to use log file setting in Central Administration > Operations > Diagnostic Logging 

HTH
    Nagesh S

Days and years do not mean anything to me. Moments shared are frozen
    in their time frame. Distance or time never fades them for me. I cherish them
    like my life. I have never let them sleep alone. Sachi
    • Marked as answer by kde-mgm Monday, December 6, 2010 9:07 AM
    Friday, December 3, 2010 3:20 PM

All replies

• If it is Diagnostic Logging you are talking about you can reduce the number minutes to use log file setting in Central Administration > Operations > Diagnostic Logging 

HTH
    Nagesh S

Days and years do not mean anything to me. Moments shared are frozen
    in their time frame. Distance or time never fades them for me. I cherish them
    like my life. I have never let them sleep alone. Sachi
    • Marked as answer by kde-mgm Monday, December 6, 2010 9:07 AM
    Friday, December 3, 2010 3:20 PM
  • Thanks very much... the easiest way is almost the best way :)
    Monday, December 6, 2010 9:06 AM
  • Hi,

According to your description, I guess that the tool called PowerPivot can help you.
    PowerPivot usage data is initially stored in usage log files on the local server, and then moved at regular intervals to the central usage data collection database for the farm. Both the log file location and the database settings are set in Central Administration. To view or change these properties, use the Usage Logging page.

1.        On the Home page in Central Administration, click Monitoring.

2.        In the Monitoring section, click Configure usage and health data collection.

3.        In Usage Data Collection Settings, view or modify the file location, name, or maximum file size. If you specify a file size that is too low, the file size will reach the maximum limit and no new entries will be added to it until its contents are moved to the central usage data collection database.

4.        In Logging Database Server, view or modify the database settings. For instructions and recommendations, see SharePoint 2010 product documentation.

I wish you every success in your important work.

Best regards,

David Hu

Tuesday, December 7, 2010 2:42 AM