Need a feature for the Jump List RRS feed

• General discussion

• For example the jump list for the folders, i have to click on a folder several times before it appears on my jump list then giving me the option to pin it. So i was thinking what if you could right click a folder and in the menu would be "pin to jump list". click that than boom! i can just go to my jump list rather than taking the long drawn out path several times to get that one folder then getting the ability to pin? last thing i want to do is dirty up my desktop with short cut folders. i know you can do a pin by a "drag and drop method" but maybe this idea may be more useful to the average windows 7 user who may need a more obvious approach.
    Tuesday, August 24, 2010 9:52 PM

All replies

• "...jump list for the folders, i have to click on a folder several times before it appears on my jump list then giving me the option to pin it."

No, you're mistaken. You could easily just click and drag the folder to the Taskbar to automatically pin it within the Folders group. So this feature is there, it's just not available in many different redundant ways of performing it.

"what if you could right click a folder and in the menu would be "pin to jump list"

This isn't an native option by default, but the Send To option from within the Context Menu certaintly could be updated for such a value, then again I am not sure most would go through such trouble when they could easily use the drag option mentioned above.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 3:04 PM