none
Autoruns 13.94 does not show auto-starting apps from Microsoft Store

Question

• problem reproduction steps:

1) install the latest intel DCH graphics drivers

currently those are

downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28731/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers

Version: 26.20.100.6709 (Latest) Date: 4/18/2019

2) install the Intel DCH graphics control app from Microsoft Store:

microsoft.com/store/productId/9PLFNLNT3G5G

Intel® Graphics Command Center
    INTEL CORP

and i find myself having an app that auto-starts with Windows and drops an icon in the system tray BUT which Autoruns x64 v13.94 won't show at all.

I even ran it as administrator and made sure to unhide all the default hidden items in the Options menu.. no luck, Autoruns still won't show me WHERE is that tray icon coming from !!!
    if you're wondering, then yes, task manager does show the app and allows me to disable it from the Startup tab, but can't tell me where is it running from. Is it running from a different space-time dimension? :p

update: i messed around with the NTFS ACL for WindowsApps... now Task Manager can tell me where is that EXE file located, but Autoruns still won't show its startup location info. It is started from:

"C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\AppUp.IntelGraphicsExperience_1.100.1181.0_x64__8j3eq9eme6ctt\GCP.ML.BackgroundSysTray\IGCCTray.exe"

and it also starts

"C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\AppUp.IntelGraphicsExperience_1.100.1181.0_x64__8j3eq9eme6ctt\IGCC.exe"

with it.

• Edited by Adrian_R_ Saturday, April 27, 2019 4:41 PM
    Saturday, April 27, 2019 3:09 PM

All replies

• Hi Adrian

thanks for reporting. I have added this to the Autoruns backlog and will take a look when I can

MarkC (MSFT)

Friday, May 10, 2019 11:53 AM