incoming email, reply to thread, move to original folder RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone.
    I tried to search for this but maybe I'm missing the keywords to get what I need.

I received an email with 20 people on the To: me included with a specific subject, related to a specific project.

I move the first email to the previously created folder 'specific_project' for example.

So my inbox is now empty, and I have 1 email on the folder 'specific_project'

Now when any of these 20 people reply, the email goes to my inbox, instead of going for the 'specific_project' folder. It's very annoying because I'm used to make my inbox as clean as possible,

There is any way, to move automatically the replies to the original folder 'do not track folder'?

I know this can be done using a simple rule, if subject='specific project' then move to 'specific folder' 
    although for someone who receives dozens of emails per day, I don't want to rely on individual rules.
    and because people are people and most of the time the subject is random..

Thank you

Joana.

Tuesday, March 24, 2020 3:04 PM

Answers

• Hi Joana,

>> I move the first email to the previously created folder 'specific_project' for example.

When you move the first email, please select "Always Move Messages in This Conversation...".

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 25, 2020 2:30 AM

All replies

• Hi Joana,

>> I move the first email to the previously created folder 'specific_project' for example.

When you move the first email, please select "Always Move Messages in This Conversation...".

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 25, 2020 2:30 AM
  • Hi,

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you. If yes, would you mind helping mark the reply as answer? So that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread? Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards, 

Aidan Wang

Thursday, March 26, 2020 8:36 AM
  • Thank you Aidan, this is what I was looking for, even though I would prefer an automate way of doing this everytime I drag and drop the message. but is not working the Drag and Drop, I need to click 'move to this conversation' but its working. It helps :)

Thank you
    Thursday, March 26, 2020 10:06 AM
  • You're welcome:)

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Friday, March 27, 2020 1:20 AM