Link Time Filter to Scorecard that Contains KPI from different Datasources (Both OLAP) RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hello,

I have a scorecard with 4 KPI, 3 with the same datasource and 1 with different ds. The problem is I want a filter in the dashboard (TimeInteligence Filter) linked with the scorecard that filters these KPI with the same time.

I only get the information from one datasource at the same time, I can change tick on the datasource in the filter designer and then the KPI's with the other datasource work.

Is there any solution? I must change TimeInteligence Filter for another (with MDX formula I must define the dimension for specific datasource, It doesn't work at all).

Thanks, 

Wednesday, April 23, 2008 9:41 AM

Answers

• Hi therem

if i understand correctly what you are trying to achieve.. it is very possible. I have succesfully implemented such a filter for a client, but not for a time dimension. However it should still work..

So here is what you do:

1. You need to make sure that your time dimensions in both data sources have the same structure..

so if Month was your lowest level in a financial time dimension, you would have something like [Time].[Fiscal Year].[Fiscal Quarter].[Fiscal Month] in BOTH data sources.

Even the actual members need to have the same structure in both sources. So for example, to reach March of 2008 you would use something like [Time].[2007-2008].[Q1].&[March]  for BOTH sources.  (i have just made up this dimension up to illustrate - yours will obviously be different)

2. Define your filter as per normal, and then when you create the Filter Link to the scorecard choose "Member UniqueName", then click the "Filter Link Formula" button and enter the following formula (it is case sensitive):  <<UniqueName>>

What this does is convert the selected member to a string and passes that to the scorecard. As long as the string is a valid MDX expression for all data sources this will work fine. I have it working for 3 different data sources which are all on the same scorecard.

Good luck!

Thursday, May 1, 2008 11:07 AM

All replies

• Sorry, this is an issue with v1.  We are hoping to address this as soon as v2.

Thanks,

Alyson

Wednesday, April 23, 2008 2:44 PM
  • Thanks for your quick answer. Then We've to wait to v2, no hotfix to repair this problem?

Thanks,

PD. Virtual Machine with PerformancePoint very useful, good work.

Friday, April 25, 2008 12:09 PM
  • Correct - sorry.

Wednesday, April 30, 2008 2:17 PM
  • Hi therem

if i understand correctly what you are trying to achieve.. it is very possible. I have succesfully implemented such a filter for a client, but not for a time dimension. However it should still work..

So here is what you do:

1. You need to make sure that your time dimensions in both data sources have the same structure..

so if Month was your lowest level in a financial time dimension, you would have something like [Time].[Fiscal Year].[Fiscal Quarter].[Fiscal Month] in BOTH data sources.

Even the actual members need to have the same structure in both sources. So for example, to reach March of 2008 you would use something like [Time].[2007-2008].[Q1].&[March]  for BOTH sources.  (i have just made up this dimension up to illustrate - yours will obviously be different)

2. Define your filter as per normal, and then when you create the Filter Link to the scorecard choose "Member UniqueName", then click the "Filter Link Formula" button and enter the following formula (it is case sensitive):  <<UniqueName>>

What this does is convert the selected member to a string and passes that to the scorecard. As long as the string is a valid MDX expression for all data sources this will work fine. I have it working for 3 different data sources which are all on the same scorecard.

Good luck!

Thursday, May 1, 2008 11:07 AM
  • Thanks _proffy_,

This is what I'm doing, but I've more than one time dimension. I've Sales Invoice Date / Sales Request Date / ..., for the same Cube.

I could rename and create perspectives but it is a temporaly solution, I'll have the same problem in the future, I hope PPS Dashboard Designer will manage it.

See you,

Friday, May 2, 2008 7:05 AM
  • Has this been fixed? If so, how do you do it now?
    Thursday, May 5, 2011 7:17 PM