none
strange problem with timesheet PWA 2010 RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi All,

    i have Project Server 2010 SP1 Single entry mode.

    Today i face strange problem. I have some hours reported to my Timesheet (me and my team, all hours reported to one project)

    When i modify some actuals on PWA Timesheet view - others actuals (for this same task!) will change also (automaticaly after i save my timesheet).
    For example when I change value that I have for 2. January form 4h to 0h then random values in this same task will change

    I have this issue only on two projects. what should i check?


    I don’t know what is wrong, any idea?



    Before save:

    after save:

    Wednesday, February 8, 2012 8:06 AM

All replies

  • I have not seen this before but for troubleshooting purposes, can you answer these questions:

    1. Is this a fixed unit, duration or work task?

    2. How many resources are assigned to this task?  (Is it assigned to named resources or to a team?)

    3. Does this change for everybody on this task or just one user?

    4. Are any other resources experiencing this on any other tasks?

    5. You said that this was happening on two projects - is it every task for those two projects or just some tasks on those projects?

    Wednesday, February 8, 2012 8:11 PM
  • 1. Fixed Units
    2. Six named resources
    3. Only for one user if he wants to update his actuals (but all assigned users have this same problem)
    4. I think this problem occurs only for tasks where they have a lot of reported actuals
    5. I think all tasks are affected but : like on point 4
    Please let me know if you need any additional information


    + i don't have any CU instaled. This is fresh Project Server 2010 SP1.
    • Edited by MSPUser Thursday, February 9, 2012 11:32 AM
    Thursday, February 9, 2012 8:19 AM
  • After Project Server CU August and December 2011 installation i have still this problem.
    Could somebody help me with this?

    Wednesday, February 15, 2012 2:15 PM
  • Did you get any clue for this. I am facing the same issue.


    Abhijeet M. Mohite ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------If you found this post helpful, please "Vote as Helpful";. If it answered your question, Plase "Mark as Answer"

    Monday, June 4, 2012 2:35 PM
  • Hi Abhijeet,

    check my other topic: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/projectserver2010general/thread/9b157e1a-5c9b-4c22-b236-cde1274ea04c/#996173d9-551b-4cb3-8e72-a3770b8377b8

    please find TAB Tom replay there - maybe your issue gone after you apply thouse changes.

    Thouse changes should help but in my case it didn't work. If you find any solution please let me know.

    Monday, June 4, 2012 7:15 PM