none
How do I signon to two accounts on win10? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a computer with W10 and it has two accounts.  One of the accounts signs  on to the local server and the other user account signs on to another(userid@domain.org)  The latter userid brings up all the icons on the desktop with all the apps he uses but does not sign on to the local server which then gives them access to the local network.  But when the local server id signs on, he then doesn't get the appl icons on his desktop.  How do I "combine" the two.   I'm too tired to figure it out by reading all the forums and support info.

Thanks

Friday, December 18, 2015 3:32 PM

Answers

• You can combine the documents and icons but you cannot combine application settings.  You need administrator permissions. 

Logged in as the user you want to copy icons to (destination user), Win+E to browse files and folders, drill down to C:\Users\UserYouWantToCopy\...

copy the content of each file/folder you want to merge (DO NOT MOVE... COPY)  

to the destination user at

c:\Users\Userid.Domain???\

Keep same structure in both folders.

Dan Stolts (ITProGuru)

Monday, December 28, 2015 1:05 PM
  • You may want to look at USMT User State Migration toolkit.  This will likely give you the functionality you are looking for.

Dan Stolts (ITProGuru)

Friday, January 22, 2016 2:28 PM

All replies

• You can combine the documents and icons but you cannot combine application settings.  You need administrator permissions. 

Logged in as the user you want to copy icons to (destination user), Win+E to browse files and folders, drill down to C:\Users\UserYouWantToCopy\...

copy the content of each file/folder you want to merge (DO NOT MOVE... COPY)  

to the destination user at

c:\Users\Userid.Domain???\

Keep same structure in both folders.

Dan Stolts (ITProGuru)

Monday, December 28, 2015 1:05 PM
  • You may want to look at USMT User State Migration toolkit.  This will likely give you the functionality you are looking for.

Dan Stolts (ITProGuru)

Friday, January 22, 2016 2:28 PM