R-click menu in sub directory RRS feed

• Question

• I use Photoshop a lot. A nice feature in windows is the ability to right click a jpeg and tell it to open in Photoshop. However, if the file is under a second subdirector or more you only get the option to cut, copy/paste or delete. Is there a way to change this. TIA
    Sunday, May 29, 2016 6:59 PM

Answers

• Like I said, If I'm down 1 directory I get the normal r-click menus. but if I go into a second subdirectory I get a limited r-click menu like this:

Actually, based on your screenshot, you are in a compressed folder (zip file?) in which case you won't get the same context menu.  Extract the files to a folder and it will work like you want.

• Proposed as answer by -Mr Happy- Tuesday, May 31, 2016 6:50 PM
    • Marked as answer by Cyberwasp Tuesday, June 7, 2016 1:16 PM
    Tuesday, May 31, 2016 1:54 PM

All replies

• Hi Cyberwasp,

What do you mean by saying  a second subdirector here?

The right click menu would stay the same for files regardless of the folders. Make sure the item is selected (marked in blue) when right click, if not selected, the open with option won't show up.

Regards

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, May 31, 2016 3:05 AM
  • Hi Cyberwasp,

What do you mean by saying  a second subdirector here?

The right click menu would stay the same for files regardless of the folders. Make sure the item is selected (marked in blue) when right click, if not selected, the open with option won't show up.

Regards

Like I said, If I'm down 1 directory I get the normal r-click menus. but if I go into a second subdirectory I get a limited r-click menu like this:

Tuesday, May 31, 2016 1:32 PM

• Like I said, If I'm down 1 directory I get the normal r-click menus. but if I go into a second subdirectory I get a limited r-click menu like this:

Actually, based on your screenshot, you are in a compressed folder (zip file?) in which case you won't get the same context menu.  Extract the files to a folder and it will work like you want.

• Proposed as answer by -Mr Happy- Tuesday, May 31, 2016 6:50 PM
    • Marked as answer by Cyberwasp Tuesday, June 7, 2016 1:16 PM
    Tuesday, May 31, 2016 1:54 PM
  • Cyberwasp,

Do you need any further assistance here?

As john told, please first extract the folder, after that, the context menu should work normally.

Regards

Thursday, June 2, 2016 7:53 AM
  • I tried extracting but it didn't make  a difference. I also have directories that are not compressed and if they are more than 2 levels deep I do not get the full context menu only the abbreviated one.
    Thursday, June 2, 2016 1:00 PM
  • Cyberwasp,

Create new folder under teh top folder that without issue, then copy and paste the image that you would like to modify into the new folder, create additional folder if needed.

If by navigating the right click not work, then please consider move the files out of their structure.

Regards

Tuesday, June 7, 2016 8:11 AM