Minidump report - can someone help me read it? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I would very much appreciate if anyone could tell me what these minidump reports mean.

I suspect I might have problem with my graphic card.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=C25C006E711ABFE9!117&authkey=!AGKXMC1IL3jo9vY

Saturday, February 9, 2013 5:36 PM

Answers

• Crash caused by nvlddmkm.sys, which is related to your nVidia drivers. You might be using either outdated or unsupported video card drivers.

"A driver switched stacks using a method that is not supported by the operating system. The only supported way to extend a kernel mode stack is by using KeExpandKernelStackAndCallout."

Since you do have integrated (i5-3210M) and discrete graphics (some nVidia card, I think a 640M), I recommend you completely uninstall your video card drivers, reboot your computer, and then re-install the nVidia card's drivers. If you want to save some time, you can always just try a repair on your video card drivers but I feel like completely uninstalling them will really make sure that the problem goes away.

If you try this and the problem persists, let me know.

- Rob

Edit: Just found out you have an Acer Aspire V3-471G. Personally, I wouldn't buy an Acer as in my past experience the thing collapsed in on itself in terms of the hardware that was put into it. I'm hoping you don't have any defective hardware!

• Edited by hackitfast Sunday, February 10, 2013 2:54 AM Addition of details
    • Marked as answer by tracycai Thursday, February 21, 2013 9:20 AM
    Sunday, February 10, 2013 2:35 AM

All replies

• Crash caused by nvlddmkm.sys, which is related to your nVidia drivers. You might be using either outdated or unsupported video card drivers.

"A driver switched stacks using a method that is not supported by the operating system. The only supported way to extend a kernel mode stack is by using KeExpandKernelStackAndCallout."

Since you do have integrated (i5-3210M) and discrete graphics (some nVidia card, I think a 640M), I recommend you completely uninstall your video card drivers, reboot your computer, and then re-install the nVidia card's drivers. If you want to save some time, you can always just try a repair on your video card drivers but I feel like completely uninstalling them will really make sure that the problem goes away.

If you try this and the problem persists, let me know.

- Rob

Edit: Just found out you have an Acer Aspire V3-471G. Personally, I wouldn't buy an Acer as in my past experience the thing collapsed in on itself in terms of the hardware that was put into it. I'm hoping you don't have any defective hardware!

• Edited by hackitfast Sunday, February 10, 2013 2:54 AM Addition of details
    • Marked as answer by tracycai Thursday, February 21, 2013 9:20 AM
    Sunday, February 10, 2013 2:35 AM
  • thanks for reply, I will try this and let you know if it helped

but I have Lenovo E320 with Intel Core i3-2330M with integrated Intel HD Graphics 3000 and discrete AMD Radeon HD 6630M cards.

Sunday, February 10, 2013 8:35 AM
  • Hi,

How’s everything going? Please feel free to give me any update.

Tracy Cai
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, February 11, 2013 7:35 AM