none
PWA 2007 and Excel 2003 SP3 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We are using PWA 2007, and when we try to perform an "Export to Excel" from a PWA view it does not work.  The PC clients are installed with Excel 2003 SP3.  Do we need Excel 2007 in order to do this.  Some few PC clients seem to have no problem doing "Export to Excel".  Any clues?

In an other situation, where we try to use the "Export to Excel" in "Data Analyis", we get the following error when trying to select fields and drag them to the pivot table: "XML for Analysis parser. The LocalIdentifier property is not overwritable and cannot be asigned a new value".

Thanks in advance.

\Spiro Theopoulos PMP, MCITP. Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Tuesday, April 26, 2011 1:28 AM

All replies

• Hi Spiro,

I have no environment with Excel 2003, so I can only use my memory - which might fail ...

I can think about three possible reasons:

• There is an issue with Export to Excel before SP1.
    • IE --> Tools --> Internet Options --> Security --> Custom --> Initialize and script
      ActiveX controls not marked as safe and set this to at least Prompt
    • Create a excel.exe link in Program Files\Office12 to excel.exe program file in Program Files\Office11

Regarding your issue with Export from Data Analysis: Do you see this issue for all users?
    I have only read about issues with Analysis Services in General. One possible reason was not matched regional settings. Working in Canada, this could be your issue? Is it possible that  you have different settings between the "Regional Options" tab and the "Advanced" tab in the "Regional and Language Options"? You can try to ensure that "Language for non-Unicode programs" on Advanced tab  is the SAME as the one specified in the Regional Options tab. 

Regards
    Barbara

Tuesday, April 26, 2011 8:08 AM
  • Barbara,

Thanks for your response.  I will check it out next week and get back to you to let you know if it fixed my problem.

\Spiro Theopoulos PMP, MCITP. Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Thursday, April 28, 2011 12:15 AM
  • How do I...

• Create a excel.exe link in Program Files\Office12 to excel.exe program file in Program Files\Office11

?  I am not sure what you mean by create link...

• \Spiro Theopoulos PMP, MCITP. Montreal, QC (Canada)
Thursday, May 5, 2011 7:08 PM
  • Hi Barbara,

I still have the problem with the message "XML for Analysis parser. The LocalIdentifier property is not overwritable and cannot be asigned a new value" when trying to export to Excel from Data Analysis.

I tried and check the settings you suggested.  All of them checked out.  Except the:

I did not understand this what you meant by this

• \Spiro Theopoulos PMP, MCITP. Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Friday, May 6, 2011 12:50 AM
  • Hi Spiro,

I have only one other idea for your LocalIdentifier property issue you might not like: try to change your regional settings to English (US) and see if that works. I have read many times about this issue, but never experienced on my own, fortunately. So I can't tell if it will work in your case? And yes, I know that changing regional seetings is no perfect solution.

Regards
    Barbar

Friday, May 6, 2011 3:42 AM
  • Hi Spiro,

sorry for my late response. I missed your additional question. To create a link, just open Program Files\Office12, right click on excel.exe, select Create Shortcut. Move this shortcut to Program Files\Office11 and ensure that it is named "excel.exe". Perhaps it does work? - As I wrote, I have no experience with this issue.

Regards
    Barbara

Sunday, June 12, 2011 12:59 PM