none
Project 2010 Crashes RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've been having this issue to export to PDF from Project 2010 (Std Ed - 32 bit). It just hangs and no response for ever (not responding mode)

I searched for fixes, but no luck so far and i also contacted vendor who purchased the software for our company and he does not seem to answer it. Lost all my hope and i run to people when ever i need to export to PDF version.

As i last resort, i'm here..could someone suggest how to fix this? Do i've to install any Service pack?

I tried the options that MVP Sapna mention in a thread and no luck - https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f2a7c40d-c5b4-4194-97cc-addc5703112f/project-professional-2010-crashes-when-saving-to-pdf-format?forum=projectprofessional2010general

Appreciate your speedy response on this.

• Edited by Shyam R Tuesday, March 31, 2015 11:51 AM
    Tuesday, March 31, 2015 11:49 AM

All replies

• Hi Shyam,

First of all, if not done, I'd suggest you to install the SP2. Then try to repair Project from the control panel. Finally, does it happen for all projects, or just specific project(s)?

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Tuesday, March 31, 2015 12:00 PM
  • I would check your correct version number against: 

http://blogs.technet.com/b/projectsupport/p/msp10.aspx

There are two service packs for Project 2010 plus a number of cumulative updates.

You're comment "I run to people when ever I need to export to PDF" is interesting.  Are you saying printing to PDF works for others in your company?  If so, I'd do a side by side comparison (service packs, installed printer drivers) to see if you can discover difference between your computer and one where it works correctly.

Tuesday, March 31, 2015 12:40 PM
  • Thanks Guillaume, i tired installing SP2 and it did not help either.

Save as PDF as well as print, both options just hangs the MS project 2010 and had to restart it.

Thursday, April 2, 2015 1:39 PM
  • Julie, Other team mates use 2013 version and it also crashes in their system also except one of them who was able to convert to PDF. Tried all the step by step comparison but of no help...bit strange!! :(
    Thursday, April 2, 2015 1:44 PM
  • Hi Shyam,

If it is crashing for many users, I'd rather think about a printer driver. You could try to (or ask to) upgrade the printer (PDF and physical) drivers and see if it helps.

Also try to repair Project from the control panel.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Thursday, April 2, 2015 2:07 PM