Remote Desktop - Fails to Recognize Client Keyboard mapping \ layout RRS feed

• Question

• I use the dvorak keyboard layout.  On XP\Vista I did not have to adjust the remote server's (Windows Server 2003 host) regional settings in order to have it "auto detect" my keyboard layout.

The Windows 7 Remote Desktop Client (RDC \ mstsc) not only fails to recognize the layout, the keyboard layout hotkeys are unavailable during login, and only after I'd load the dvorak layout via the regional settings is it available.  Note even after these unnecessary changes the hotkeys are still unavailable during subsequent remote desktop connections.

I've just tested a server that I have never touched the regional layout, and doesn't even have the dvorak layout installed, when connecting from a XP machine with Dvorak layout installed and set to default the is no issue with it using the appropriate layout during the login dialog and remote session environment, ie it’s essential auto-detects the layout without any intervention on my part.
    Is the Windows 7 Remote Desktop client failing to send the appropriate layout, is this a known issue\bug?
    • Edited by tachikoma Friday, August 28, 2009 12:15 AM
    Friday, August 28, 2009 12:14 AM