none
Network Monitor 3.4 not capturing LDAP RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using AD LDS on a Windows 2008 server.  I can't get Network Monitor 3.4 to capture any LDAP.  I don't see any entries at all.  If I don't apply the LDAP filter to Network Monitor I see lots of entries but no LDAP.

I go into LDP and connect to my server using its server name and port 389 and bind the current user to it but I get no entries for LDAP in Network Monitor.  I try to authenticate through my custom web app but I still get no entries in Network Monitor for LDAP activity.

How do you get Network Monitor to start capturing LDAP (on the standard port).  I haven't changed anything in the Network Monitor configuration and have a pretty basic AD LDS configuration as well.

Please help.  Thanks.

• Edited by johnr2000 Sunday, November 25, 2012 9:09 AM
    Sunday, November 25, 2012 9:08 AM

All replies

• Hi John,

Have you confirmed that you see packets that are LDAP but just aren't parsed as LDAP (showing up as TCP or UDP), or are you saying that any traffic that's LDAP is missing from the capture entirely?

If you're using the default parser set, it should recognize LDAP alright over TCP or UDP.  Have you upgraded to the latest parser set from Connect?  If you're still using the built-in parsers that came with the original download, there could have been an issue initially that we've since fixed.

Thanks,

Michael Hawker | Program Manager | Network Monitor

Thursday, November 29, 2012 12:03 AM