none
Powershell example needed for logonworksations RRS feed

• Question

• Need an example script on how to change all domain users logonworkstations back to default all computers.
    Wednesday, June 18, 2014 4:15 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Here's an example (this won't actually do anything though):

Get-ADUser -Filter * |
        Set-ADUser -Clear userWorkstations -WhatIf

Don't retire TechNet! - (Don't give up yet - 12,950+ strong and growing)

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 4:21 PM
  • Need an example script on how to change all domain users logonworkstations back to default all computers.

See how easy that was.  I gave you the same answer in the other thread so you could just skip posting.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 4:23 PM
  • Guess you can only give references to microsoft not answer question

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 5:09 PM

Is the posted example unclear? The point of jrv's post is to get you thinking about how to solve your problem instead of just handing you something that you won't necessarily understand (like I did).

Don't retire TechNet! - (Don't give up yet - 12,950+ strong and growing)

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 5:15 PM

Showing a poor starving refugee how to apply for food stamps is more valuable than handing them a candybar.

Welfare for the lazy works the same way.  Make someone get up and actually search for an answer helps them to learn.  Handing out an answer only keeps them ignorant.  A common problem with too much candy.,

The link I posted had the exact same answer as Mike posted if you were smart enough to read it.  It also showed you how to find solutions to odd questions.  Set-AdUser is the tool.  You needed to know how to find the documentation.  Now you can solve problems on your own.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 5:18 PM
  • JRV,

Seems to me you told him not to post to an old thread. He posted again on a new thread and you still beat him up. Is it always necessary to be condescending? Your very quick to step on people who are not as smart as you. No one looks more intelligent bullying people who know less then them.

You don't have to respond if you don't like the question or idea someone has. I think loss of your technical contribution to this forum would be a significant loss, but the way you talk to people just seems hostile and unnecessary. I think you are losing the opportunity to really help educate people because you are too busy telling them what you don't like about their questions.

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 9:29 PM
  • Yes = I could have been nice but I got a very nasty note in my inbox. It did not please me.  I was reacting to the obscenity and the abusive response to my attempt to help.  I only asked that he continue on a new thread and I posted a link to the same answer that Mike posted above.

I see no reason for abusive language and obscene comments.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 9:45 PM