none
External web server sending email to internal recipients RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have a web developer who created a web form for clients to fill out. Once submitted, the form is supposed to send an email detailing the form to Internal users as well as some external users.

SO;

info@exampledomain.com sends an email to two users;  dan@exampledomain.com and dan@anotherdomain.com

My problem is that emails go out to any external domains, but not to the internal domain.

I believe the website may be sending the email anonymously, meaning it is not authenticating with the domains mail server to send the mail.

Our spam filter does not even see the mail come across, so it appears its not even reaching our domain. I figured maybe because it was anonymous and coming to our domain from our domain it might get blocked, but that does not seem to be the case.

Any help would be appreciated!

Friday, May 16, 2014 3:22 PM

Answers

• Hi Dan

In your Case i would suggest you to perform a message tracking for any one of the transaction that happened 

Also i would suggest you to enable protocol logging and check the transaction in the receive connector (relay connector) if you have specified any and check the protocol logs

Also check in the send connector protocol logs

Remember to mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question.That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you Check out my latest blog posts on http://exchangequery.com

• Marked as answer by cara chen Monday, May 26, 2014 7:39 AM
    Saturday, May 17, 2014 8:13 AM
  • Hi,

Agree with Sathish, message tracking can help you to find where the internal emails have gone.

The following article for your reference:

Message Tracking

In Microsoft Exchange Server 2013, the message tracking log is a detailed record of all message activity as messages are transferred to and from the Transport service on Mailbox servers, mailboxes on Mailbox servers, and Edge Transport servers. You can use message tracking logs for message forensics, mail flow analysis, reporting, and troubleshooting.

Thanks.

Niko Cheng
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, May 19, 2014 8:10 AM

All replies

• Hi Dan

In your Case i would suggest you to perform a message tracking for any one of the transaction that happened 

Also i would suggest you to enable protocol logging and check the transaction in the receive connector (relay connector) if you have specified any and check the protocol logs

Also check in the send connector protocol logs

Remember to mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question.That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you Check out my latest blog posts on http://exchangequery.com

Saturday, May 17, 2014 8:13 AM
  • Hi,

Agree with Sathish, message tracking can help you to find where the internal emails have gone.

The following article for your reference:

Message Tracking

In Microsoft Exchange Server 2013, the message tracking log is a detailed record of all message activity as messages are transferred to and from the Transport service on Mailbox servers, mailboxes on Mailbox servers, and Edge Transport servers. You can use message tracking logs for message forensics, mail flow analysis, reporting, and troubleshooting.

Thanks.

Niko Cheng
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, May 19, 2014 8:10 AM