Windows 2012 R2 WSUS, set do download to local disk, download from MS, can't select language, are greyed out RRS feed

• Question

• We have an Windows 2003 with WSUS, I have copied the content and db to a new Windows 2012 R2 server in DMZ.

If i choose not to store localy, instead download direct from MS , I can't change language, English is marked but greyed out , and it download many languages.

This seems like a bug.

Any more with this strange thing?

Wednesday, January 18, 2017 2:59 PM

All replies

• Hi Oskarsson Mikael,

>If i choose not to store localy, instead download direct from MS , I can't change language, English is marked but greyed out , and it download many languages. This seems like a bug.

It is not a bug, it's by design. If we do not store updates locally, then, WSUS server will download only update metadata. Update files are downloaded to clients at the time of installation. So, there's no need to choose Language on WSUS server level.

Besides, if we choose this option, we need to make sure the clients have direct access to Microsoft Update.

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, January 19, 2017 6:23 AM