mouse not working after return from sleep mode RRS feed

• Question

• i am running windows 7 RC and am having problems with my mouse when i return from sleep mode. when the computer returns from sleep mode the mouse will not work. i can see the mouse pointer but it will not move. keyboard shortcuts work fine but the mouse is inop.

using intel d975xbx2 mobo with 2112 firmware.
    using intel core2quad q6700 2.66ghz proc.
    using microsoft wheel mouse optical usb.

let me know if you need more information.

fyi.
    Saturday, May 16, 2009 10:26 AM

All replies

• There is a known issue with sleep mode in Windows 7, you can see how many by searching. The best course for now seems to be avoiding sleep mode until the issue is resolved in further releases of the Operating System.
    Monday, June 1, 2009 8:46 PM
  • Unplugging the mouse and replugging seems to fix it for me.

I know, its a lame work around ..but what can you do?

• Proposed as answer by RonWHarding Friday, October 30, 2009 5:24 PM
    Thursday, August 20, 2009 4:21 PM
  • Sorry, I am new to this site and hit the wrong button.. (proposed as answer)

I had an issue when coming out of sleep (Win 7 Pro) where the mouse would be very slow to respond. The pointer would move less than an inch on the screen each time I moved the mouse.

To test, unplug all USB devices except for the mouse (keep the keyboard in if you need to type a password, or activate the screen keyboard).

Put the PC to sleep. Make sure it goes to sleep, and didn't just turn the screen off. My power button flashes when in sleep mode.

Now click the mouse and see if it works.

My problem was that my Logictech 4000 camera was in the USB port beside my mouse, so they were on the same internal hub. I move the camera to the other goup of USB ports (my motherbaord has 2 groups of 4 USB ports).
    Everthing is fine now

Ron

Ron
    Friday, October 30, 2009 5:32 PM