locked
Sequencing Desktop Intelligence (Bus Obj) RRS feed

  • Question

  • Has anyone had any success on sequencing this with App-V 4.5?

    I've tried a number of scenarios:

    1. On our Windows Server 2003 Sequencer the 'install' - OK
    2. Installed manually on a standard Windows 2003 Terminal Server (Citrix) with Oracle Client in base build - OK
    3. Sequenced Desktop Intelligence only and run on Windows 2003 Terminal Server with App-V Client - FAILS
    4. Sequenced Desktop Intelligence with Oracle 10g Runtime Client and run as step 3 - FAILS

    When it fails, the error is (IRepoAccess:retrieveAuthModeInfos) Class not registered.

    It appears some registration information specific to Desktop Intelligence hasn't been picked up by the sequencer so before I start trawling the configuration does anyone know what it's likely to be?

    Many thanks

    Monday, January 25, 2010 12:03 PM

Answers

  • We had the same problem with IRepoAccess:retrieveAuthModeInfos error mesage.

    At the end it turned out that we were missing atl71.dll on the pc with vista as the BusinessObjects were sequenced on Windows XP. Windows XP with latest service packs and patches has those dll's.

    Aditionaly you could check that you have following dll's in your sequence - mfc71.dll, mfc71u.dll, msvcp71.dll, atl71.dll

    This solves starting issue (at least for us), not sure about application functionality as we are stil testing it.

    • Proposed as answer by znack Friday, June 18, 2010 1:46 PM
    • Marked as answer by Iainjo Saturday, March 12, 2011 7:45 PM
    Wednesday, June 16, 2010 7:00 AM

All replies

  • Hello,

    Seems to not be unheard of;
    http://www.forumtopics.com/busobj/viewtopic.php?t=103911

    Now, this doesn't offer a solution, but I would suggest to start out with a very clean machine see what happens (windows xp Sp1?). Perhaps Oracle can provide some type of information as to what the error message means ?

    /Znack
    Monday, January 25, 2010 5:54 PM
  • Hello,

    Seems to not be unheard of;
    http://www.forumtopics.com/busobj/viewtopic.php?t=103911

    Now, this doesn't offer a solution, but I would suggest to start out with a very clean machine see what happens (windows xp Sp1?). Perhaps Oracle can provide some type of information as to what the error message means ?

    /Znack

    Hi,

    Not unheard of but the only 2 hits I got on google are from that forum and don't answer the problem. SAP and Oracle don't have any information either so I'm a little stuck. I've tracked down the IRepoAccess function to a DLL (repo_proxy.dll) and have been looking at it's dependencies and any associated registration, nothing so far.

    Does anyone have any troubleshooting tips? I've been using Process Monitor, called through the App-V package but even after some careful filtering I've a good few thousand entries to trawl and nothing's jumping out at me,

    Thanks
    Tuesday, January 26, 2010 7:43 AM
  • We had the same problem with IRepoAccess:retrieveAuthModeInfos error mesage.

    At the end it turned out that we were missing atl71.dll on the pc with vista as the BusinessObjects were sequenced on Windows XP. Windows XP with latest service packs and patches has those dll's.

    Aditionaly you could check that you have following dll's in your sequence - mfc71.dll, mfc71u.dll, msvcp71.dll, atl71.dll

    This solves starting issue (at least for us), not sure about application functionality as we are stil testing it.

    • Proposed as answer by znack Friday, June 18, 2010 1:46 PM
    • Marked as answer by Iainjo Saturday, March 12, 2011 7:45 PM
    Wednesday, June 16, 2010 7:00 AM