Publish website which use 2 different ports RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I've the following situation:

A website is published through UAG. The website himselves respond on port 8080. 

But some parts of the website (APEX stuff) is listening on port 80.

As result, the website works except when clicking on a link which points to the port 80 on the same server?

Any ideas???

Daniel

Monday, July 30, 2012 9:55 AM

All replies

• Hi Daniel

You should be able to enter all the ports you need in the HTTP field (which currently has only port 8080 specified) in the 'Web Servers' tab of the application properties. 

You should enter: 80,8080

Activate, and try again.

Monday, July 30, 2012 3:32 PM
  • Hello,

This is not allowed by the application. If you enter 80,8080 you get the message that the value should be between  0 and 65535.

Could AppWrap do the stuff. splitting the traffic depending the directory in which you're?

Daneil

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 4:46 AM
  • Hi Amig@. What kind of template are you using for the publishing? Generic web application or generic client/server application?

Regards

// Raúl - I love this game

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 6:54 AM
  • the template used is Web - Other Web Application (Application Specific Hostname)

D

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 6:56 AM
  • App specific hostname only allows one port for the web server. Is it feasible for you to use the template for "portal hostname" instead? That one let you configure more than one port using the syntax suggested by TKroukamp

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 7:11 AM
  • Indeed, you can enter 2 ports on that location.

But now is nothing working anymore. And this is not the intention :(

D

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 7:31 AM
  • Could you, please, detail a little bit more?

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 2:58 PM
  • OK,

I've one webserver which is located internally. Due to some reasons is this website listening on 2 ports (8080 & 80)

The main website is located on port 8080. While certain components are listening on port 80. When you go on certain pages, you get it from port 80.

Now, we want to publish the website through a reverse proxy. By default, it will only listen on one port. The original pages are comming through correctly, except those coming from the other port.

Previously we had an apache reverse proxy which did some rewriting of the url's.

I think it should be possible through AppWrap, but doesn't find a good solution on it.

Daniel

Wednesday, August 1, 2012 5:58 AM
  • I had already understood that part :)

I was asking about the "nothing works" part

I would do this:

• Remove the previous configuration of the application
    • Add a new appliaction using the generic web application (portal hostname)
    • Configure the internal server with ports 80,8080 in the ports field
    • When accessing the application from wtihin the portal, something works?

Wednesday, August 1, 2012 10:44 AM
  • It seems, when using the mentioned templated, no public url is requested. Thus no further actions can be done.

even the link in the portal is pointing directly to the server by default.

D

Wednesday, August 1, 2012 12:29 PM
  • When using the "portal hostname" template the applications are "hidden" behind the name of the portal. You should see -provided it is correctly configured- a link pointing to portal/uniquesigxxxxxxxx/uniquesig0/whatever.html

Wednesday, August 1, 2012 1:06 PM
  • Sorry but it's seems not to be working.

When go to normally (port 80) I get not authorized. While using the port 8080, which is the one on which the website is listening, I got nothing back.

Is there a way to have some rewriting rules in UAG like we've in reverse proxy apache?

Daniel

Thursday, August 2, 2012 5:45 AM
  • Hi Amig@. Yes, you can develop your own rewriting rules. However, I do still think there is something wrong with the configuration or whatever. In many cases customized rules have to be written to handle broken or unsigned links but I haven´t faced ever an application that has to be defined entirely

There is information in the Technet library and in Ben's blog you can see some samples http://blogs.technet.com/b/ben/archive/2011/05/12/appwrap-and-sra.aspx

Thursday, August 2, 2012 6:54 AM
  • I've indeed seen pages mentioned, but for the parts I'm looking is not said much (Read nothing).

Currently have we dropped UAG, in favor of Apache Proxy, to remediate our problem.

D

Wednesday, September 5, 2012 10:19 AM
  • Sad to hear that. I am pretty sure that UAG could do that publishing :(

Friday, September 7, 2012 9:23 AM
  • When I 've time I'll re-try the UAG installation.

Some re-writes must be able to run properly.

For example you can publish a website like www.test.local
    When an end-user goes to it, must he be redirected to www.test.local/somedir/
    Within the portal you can easly adapt this. But when going directly, the redirect of UAG himself is not working.

This is a similar issue, and solving it, could lead to the solution of the problem orginally stated.

Daniel

Friday, September 7, 2012 9:40 AM