none
DPM 2010 Short term storage to disk with Daily offsite to tape RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am using DPM 2010 to backup 4 virtual machines stored on a hyper v host. My goals are to have short term storage to disk and have a daily copy to tape to tape that can be taken off site. I am using a stand alone lto 3 tape drive and have have ten tapes available for use.

Can someone please tell me if this is possible to achieve using dpm. I have tried to accomplish this through short/long term goals but so far have been unsucsessfull.

any help appreciated

Thanks

Thursday, February 2, 2012 12:45 PM

Answers

• closing for housekeeping.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, December 10, 2013 6:25 PM

All replies

• Hi,

So you are wanting to perform Disk-to-Disk-to-Tape backups.  This should be an easy configuiration. Assuming all 4 VM's fit on a single tape, with 10 tapes in rotation, you can easily setup the daily long term tape backup with a 7 day retention.

What kind of problem are you running into ? 

Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Friday, February 3, 2012 2:58 AM
  • closing for housekeeping.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, December 10, 2013 6:25 PM