none
Windows 7 Installation URGENT help needed RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there brothers.

I really hope someone can urgently help me out.I'm having trouble with my Windows 7 Installation, and to repair it I need my Windows 7 DVD.The problem is my DVD refuses to read 2 files in the 'boot' folder.If you guys have any idea of what I've been through the last 3 days just to get my PC running again.And to top it all, his morning my phone broke aswell, so now I had to install Vista just to try and get in touch with someone who can try and help me.

Please can 1 of you guys do me a huge favour and upload the files -

"boot.sdi" and "bcd"

inside the Windows 7 Installation DVD 'boot' directory.The files is just over 3MB in size for both.

PLEASE I will be extremely grateful if you can help me out.The whole DVD reads fine, it's only those 2 files that isn't able to read correctly and thus refuses to give the option to boot from DVD.If I can get those 2 files I can create a bootable usb drive and take it from there.

I'm at your mercy and kindly ask for anyone to help.

Thanks

Friday, June 28, 2019 2:51 PM

All replies

• Hi Djedd85.

If you have a Windows 7 Retail product key code you can use it to download the Windows 7 ISO file from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows7; then you can either mount the ISO file and extract the files you need or use that ISO file to burn a DVD and create a new Windows 7 installation disc.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MOS, MTA, MCTS, MCSA, MCSE

Saturday, June 29, 2019 11:51 AM
  • Hi Luigi. Thank you for your reply.I want to do that, but mobile data in my country is very expensive and I don't have a job right now and don't have the money to buy 3Gb worth of data at the moment to download an ISO.That is why I'm hoping someone on the forum can help me.I do have all my retail stuff, but the problem is my Windows 7 dvd got scratched and now it don't want to read the boot.sdi and bcd files. All I want to do is create a bootable usb to fix my Windows 7 that's all....Any windows 7 DVD will have those 2 files.And without them the "press any key to boot" option doesn't show up when I startup my PC. I am really so desperate and kindly ask for anyone to help. If your scared to share the files here you can even upload it to a file sharing platform and send me the link via a private message. PLEASE GUYS.....
    Saturday, June 29, 2019 1:16 PM