Y Axes Scale (Measure) value's shouldnt change RRS feed

• Question

• In the report (Line), I am showing Admission count as Y axes (Vertical Axes) and County on Botton axes. In some States the Admission count is very much higher as compare of other states. I have State Filter on the Dashboard. When I select a State (with more admissions) and then Y axes (Admission count scale)ranges upto 500K ((and divided into 100k blocks, which is fine) but when I select a state with lower admissions say 70k, then the scale comes down to 100k (and divided into 20k blocks).

I dont want the scale values to be updated

when a filter is applied, the original scales on the X and Y axis should be maintained so that the user can get relative to the whole feel for this filter data. Is there a way the Y axes scale shouldnt be changed in the report ?

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 4:22 AM

Answers

• Hi Ravi, 

The Y axes scaling cannot be fixed to certain values. Its always dynamic in PPS  Charts.

HTH,

Ram

• Proposed as answer by Ramakrishnan.lh Friday, May 13, 2011 4:31 PM
    • Marked as answer by Ravi.p.rai Tuesday, May 17, 2011 1:19 PM
    Friday, May 13, 2011 4:26 PM
  • There are quite a few threads on this already. This is a common request. Because of the nature of being able to swap out the measures now in PPS 2010 or changing them
     dynamically with custom properties this really wouldn’t work out that well. If you are looking for this functionality you will need to leverage ProClarity. SSRS, or Excel instead.
    Dan English's BI Blog
    Friday, May 13, 2011 7:33 PM

All replies

• Hi Ravi, 

The Y axes scaling cannot be fixed to certain values. Its always dynamic in PPS  Charts.

HTH,

Ram

• Proposed as answer by Ramakrishnan.lh Friday, May 13, 2011 4:31 PM
    Friday, May 13, 2011 4:26 PM
  • There are quite a few threads on this already. This is a common request. Because of the nature of being able to swap out the measures now in PPS 2010 or changing them
     dynamically with custom properties this really wouldn’t work out that well. If you are looking for this functionality you will need to leverage ProClarity. SSRS, or Excel instead.
    Dan English's BI Blog
    Friday, May 13, 2011 7:33 PM
  • Being a Powerful tool, I wonder why Performancepoint doesnt provide the basic functionalities.

Instead of using Analytic charts I may consider developing my Reports directly in other tools and incorporating it before my Business team starts hounding me with complex requirements  :)

Tuesday, May 17, 2011 1:23 PM