What workflow is applicable? RRS feed

• Question

• How can I determine which workflow has performed a particular action in an incident?  I have several workflows that are defined for a variety of situations and I'm thinking that one or more of them are running and causing some cunwanted changes to the status.  For example, I can resolve a ticket and close it.  Upon refresh the status is set to assigned.  I need to know what caused it to get to assigned.  The source per the history states "System".

Thanks!

Ever been to Parksley, Virginia?
    Thursday, May 12, 2011 7:24 AM

All replies

• I found which workflow was responsible purely by examining each workflow and performing a logical evaluation of the criteria.  The workflow that was responsible simply changed the status to Assigned without looking at the final status on update of the incident.  So if a ticket was updated, and the status changed to Resolved or Closed, the workflow would change it back to Assigned.

I'd still like to know if there is a way to determine which workflow is responsible for an action like this.  This could have taken a substantial effort to locate otherwise if I had not tripped over it by chance!

Thanks!

Ever been to Parksley, Virginia?
    Thursday, May 12, 2011 8:06 AM
  • You can get the time of change from History tab and search in workflow's status list which of workflow executing at this time
    http://opsmgr.ru
    Thursday, May 12, 2011 11:31 AM