locked
Source content folders being removed from site server RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hello World.

    After updating our SCCM 2012 environment to SP1, I noticed that each night the automatic cleanup feature in SP1 is deleting the parent folder for my update deployments. If I understand correctly, it is only supposed to delete the individual expired updates, not the entire folder. I did verify that the update group did still have active updates in it.

    Does anyone know what would cause this cleanup process to remove the enitre folder for an update group?


    • Edited by Ryan1229 Thursday, May 23, 2013 6:44 PM clarification
    Thursday, May 23, 2013 5:05 PM

All replies

  • Do you have one site (primary stand-alone or other?), how many DP's?  How do you handle content validation and distribution? 

    I also experienced this.  As a workaround I set it up to sync directly to the WSUS stand-alone server but I would like to understand the issue because at some point I expect that I will need to revert to the completely off-line process.

    Tuesday, May 28, 2013 12:54 PM
  • Hey misery loves company... I'm having the same issue I posted here:

    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/configmanagergeneral/thread/af3021f7-a389-44f0-9c33-d74947016a47

    I haven't identified an actual site maintenance task that removes content, so I'm still perplexed as to why this is happening.

    Tuesday, May 28, 2013 6:07 PM
  • I was unable to find a site maintenace task to disable this 'feature' also. I read through the linked blog page in your post, and they seem very adamant that they do not delete content for active deployments. Well, all of my deployments are active, and the parent folders are all being deleeted.

    To give you an idea of my environment, I have a single site with 53 DPs.

    Wednesday, May 29, 2013 2:21 PM
  • Yeah, I don't know what the deal is.  I only have one DP, and I can't track down what's actually deleting the folder.  I'm going to try to 'catch' it before it happens next month.  In my scenario, when my ADR detects a new MSRT, it causes the problem I'm having where it deletes the folder, thus causing the error when trying to download the new files.  I'm going to modify the share permissions on the deployment folder to allow read-only access, and then scour the logs for any errors 'writing' to the content share.  Hopefully I'll identify something helpful...
    Wednesday, May 29, 2013 5:06 PM