none
Error generating Slect and Report Proposals RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am having a problem generating  a Selet Repors and Proposals, I am supposed to be conducting an audit of a customers site this week however when working through the MAP Training Kit MAP55_Demo_Exercises.docx page 10 I get the same error messge being created>

THe Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit Summary document could not be generated due to an error in the document generation process.

It does not matter what is selected under"select the reports and proposals" to run a preport against.

I am running the Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit on a Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise member server with Office 2007 Pro and SP2. 

I uninstalled Office 2007 and installed Office 2010 with all upates

I have run the Microsoft Update and both office and WIndows are fully updated.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

2011-05-15 21:40:15.34 Generate proposals@DocumentGenerator,E>    at Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word.Documents.Open(Object& FileName, Object& ConfirmConversions, Object& ReadOnly, Object& AddToRecentFiles, Object& PasswordDocument, Object& PasswordTemplate, Object& Revert, Object& WritePasswordDocument, Object& WritePasswordTemplate, Object& Format, Object& Encoding, Object& Visible, Object& OpenAndRepair, Object& DocumentDirection, Object& NoEncodingDialog, Object& XMLTransform)
       |   at Microsoft.AssessmentPlatform.ReportingEngine.Docgen.OpenInputDocuments()
       |   at Microsoft.AssessmentPlatform.ReportingEngine.Docgen.GenerateDocument(String templateDocFileName, String documentDataXmlFileName, String outputFileName)
       |   at Microsoft.AssessmentPlatform.DocumentGenerationEngine.DocumentCreator.CreateWordDoc(String databaseServerName, String databaseName, String xmlFilePath, String inputTemplateName, String outputDirectory, String outputFileName, String outputFormat)
       |   at Microsoft.AssessmentPlatform.DocumentGenerationEngine.DocumentGenerator.GenerateDocument(String[] customXML, String databaseServerName, String databaseName)
       |Location of error report:
       |   at Microsoft.AssessmentPlatform.DocumentGenerationEngine.DocumentGenerator.GenerateDocument(String[] customXML, String databaseServerName, String databaseName)
       |
    <2011-05-15 21:40:15.34 Generate proposals@DocumentGenerator,E> Document Generator: An exception occurred - This file could not be found. ("C:\...\Windows7Proposal-05-15-2011-...")
       |   at Microsoft.AssessmentPlatform.DocumentGenerationEngine.DocumentGenerator.CreateDocument(String databaseServerName, String databaseName, String[] scenarioXml)
       |
    <2011-05-15 21:40:15.34 Generate proposals@DocumentGenerator,E>    at Microsoft.AssessmentPlatform.DocumentGenerationEngine.DocumentGenerator.GenerateDocument(String[] customXML, String databaseServerName, String databaseName)
       |   at Microsoft.AssessmentPlatform.DocumentGenerationEngine.DocumentGenerator.CreateDocument(String databaseServerName, String databaseName, String[] scenarioXml)
       |
    <2011-05-15 21:40:15.34 Generate proposals@DocumentGenerator,I> Document Generator:Raising Failed Event!
    <2011-05-15 21:40:15.65 Generate proposals@DocumentGenerationWorker,I> DocumentGenerationWorker.DocGenProgressHandler: Progress event.
    <2011-05-15 21:40:15.65 Generate proposals@DocumentManager,I> Document Manager completed with Failure
    <2011-05-15 21:40:15.65 Generate proposals@DocumentGenerationWorker,I> DocumentGenerationWorker.DocGenCompletedEventHandler: Completed event.
    <2011-05-15 21:40:15.65 Generate proposals@TaskProcessor,I> TaskProcessor.WorkerCompleted: Worker: 'Generate proposals'
    <2011-05-15 21:40:15.65 TID-7@TaskProcessor,I> TaskProcessor.Run: Completed. Status: Failed
    <2011-05-15 21:40:15.65 TID-7@ProgressPage,I> ProgressPage.TaskCompletedCallback: sender: Microsoft.AssessmentPlatform.UI.Console.Tasks.TaskProcessor

Sunday, May 15, 2011 9:17 PM

All replies

• Do you have the Microsoft Office Primary Interop Assemblies installed?  This might be causing the problem.  You can download it from here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=938fe8ad-583b-4bd7-a345-23250dc15855

If this solves the problem, please mark this reply as the answer, otherwise reply to this post, thanks.

Thanks,

Michael Switzer

Monday, May 16, 2011 5:55 PM
  • Hi

Thanks I installed the download however still getting the same error when running "Generate report/proposal"

2011-05-18 19:51:42.94 Generate proposals@DocumentGenerator,E>    at Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word.Documents.Open(Object& FileName, Object& ConfirmConversions, Object& ReadOnly, Object& AddToRecentFiles, Object& PasswordDocument, Object& PasswordTemplate, Object& Revert, Object& WritePasswordDocument, Object& WritePasswordTemplate, Object& Format, Object& Encoding, Object& Visible, Object& OpenAndRepair, Object& DocumentDirection, Object& NoEncodingDialog, Object& XMLTransform)
       |   at Microsoft.AssessmentPlatform.ReportingEngine.Docgen.OpenInputDocuments()
       |   at Microsoft.AssessmentPlatform.ReportingEngine.Docgen.GenerateDocument(String templateDocFileName, String documentDataXmlFileName, String outputFileName)
       |   at Microsoft.AssessmentPlatform.DocumentGenerationEngine.DocumentCreator.CreateWordDoc(String databaseServerName, String databaseName, String xmlFilePath, String inputTemplateName, String outputDirectory, String outputFileName, String outputFormat)
       |
    <2011-05-18 19:51:42.94 Generate proposals@DocumentGenerator,E> Document Generator: An exception occurred - This file could not be found. ("C:\...\Windows7Proposal-05-18-2011-...")
       |
    <2011-05-18 19:51:42.94 Generate proposals@DocumentGenerator,E>    at Microsoft.AssessmentPlatform.DocumentGenerationEngine.DocumentGenerator.GenerateDocument(String[] customXML, String databaseServerName, String databaseName)
       |
    <2011-05-18 19:51:42.94 Generate proposals@DocumentGenerator,I> Document Generator:Raising Failed Event!
    <2011-05-18 19:51:43.04 Generate proposals@DocumentGenerationWorker,I> DocumentGenerationWorker.DocGenProgressHandler: Progress event.
    <2011-05-18 19:51:43.04 Generate proposals@DocumentManager,I> Document Manager completed with Failure
    <2011-05-18 19:51:43.05 Generate proposals@DocumentGenerationWorker,I> DocumentGenerationWorker.DocGenCompletedEventHandler: Completed event.
    <2011-05-18 19:51:43.05 Generate proposals@TaskProcessor,I> TaskProcessor.WorkerCompleted: Worker: 'Generate proposals'
    <2011-05-18 19:51:43.05 TID-7@TaskProcessor,I> TaskProcessor.Run: Completed. Status: Failed
    <2011-05-18 19:51:43.05 TID-7@ProgressPage,I> ProgressPage.TaskCompletedCallback: sender: Microsoft.AssessmentPlatform.UI.Console.Tasks.TaskProcessor
    <2011-05-18 19:52:00.66 TID-1@ProgressPage,I> ProgressPage.FormClosingHandler: Closing reason: UserClosing

Wednesday, May 18, 2011 7:05 PM
  • Please send the entire log to mapfdbk@microsoft.com and reference the forum post title so I know it is from you. I need to investigate this further.

Thanks,

Michael Switzer

Wednesday, May 18, 2011 11:25 PM
  • Are the user profile folders redirected to another drive or network share?  In other words, is the My Documents folder in the default location?
    Thursday, May 19, 2011 5:16 PM
  • No, the My Documents folder is in the Default location, there are no GPO redirects, I installed Windows 7 32bit (have not tested x64) into the same network and that works fine it just seems to be an issue with Windows 2008R2, its a 'Clean install' with all the updates.
    Monday, May 23, 2011 8:17 AM
  • If you are getting the same copy of Office to work on another machine, I’m guessing that the issue is in the Office installation. Since reinstalling Office didn’t fix it and you have gotten it to work on another machine, the amount of time it will take to track down the exact issue is probably not worth the time.  I can tell you from personal experience that MAP does run on Windows 2008 R2.

Thanks,

Michael Switzer

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 4:52 PM
  • (This just occured to me so I'm adding it as an additional reply) If you didn't use the same copy of Office on the Windows 7 machine, that may be the answer.  Office 2010 Professional is needed for the reporting in MAP to work.  The other versions don't support automation via .NET so MAP can't drive them.

In MAP 6.0 which will be released this summer, there is no longer a dependancy on an installation of Office.  Meaning you will be able to run MAP and generate the reports on a machine without Office installed and then copy the files to another comptuer that has Word and Excel and view the reports and proposals.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 4:59 PM