none
Action Items, Suggested Items Outlook 2016 Apps Prompting for Login

Question

• Our environment is running Exchange 2013.  In Outlook 2016, sometimes "Suggested Meetings" and/or "Action Items" appears in a message.  If a user clicks on either, an OWA login page is displayed.  If the user enters correct credentials, the suggested meeting or action item is displayed. I would like to set this up so that the login page is bypassed.  Is there something in the Exchange configuration that needs to be looked at?  This behavior has been confirmed on multiple systems.

Wednesday, May 16, 2018 7:35 PM

All replies

• Hi,

If each time the users have to enter the credentials when they use the add-ins? 
    Is it possible to save the credentials at the first time when it pops up?

Not sure if we can bypass the login page, as my experience, there is not a related global setting from Exchange server side.

Regards,

Manu Meng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, May 17, 2018 9:06 AM
  • No, there is no option to save the credentials. I would expect that the Outlook logon token would just pass through without any prompt for credentials. 

Are you saying what I'm experiencing is 100% normal and happens to everyone?

Thursday, May 17, 2018 2:02 PM
  • I cannot guarantee it is expected behavior, I will do a test in my lab and let you know the result.

Regards,

Manu Meng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, May 22, 2018 2:46 AM