Re size Explorer windows size? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all

I use the sumary link web - part to open links in a new window. I want the window to appear in larger size than it does when i click on the link and a new window opens. Is it possible to somehow decide the size of the window that will open as a new window when I click on the link?

:)

Regards.
    Wednesday, September 17, 2008 11:10 PM

Answers

• I fixed my problem.

The easiest way to acheive that is to write this code in the source editor of the content editor web part in the page you want to  be re sized.

<script language="JavaScript"
       window.resizeTo(500,500) 
    </script> 

Thursday, September 18, 2008 10:35 PM

All replies

• you can use some javascript.

use onclick event to add some window.open a new window with your size option....
    Example:
    onClick=\"javaScript:window.open('[yourLink]','_blank','width=800,height=600,top=150,left=150,toolbar=0,location=0,status=0,menubar=0,scrollbars=1,resizable=1');

Hope this help
    André Lage Microsoft SharePoint and CRM Consultant http://aaclage.blogspot.com
    Thursday, September 18, 2008 2:42 AM
  • Hi Andre' Lage.

I tried to put this jacascript inside content edit web part - Source editor, but what I get is that I only see the script in the content editor web part.

Where should I put the javascript? :-)

Regards.

Thursday, September 18, 2008 7:02 AM
  • I fixed my problem.

The easiest way to acheive that is to write this code in the source editor of the content editor web part in the page you want to  be re sized.

<script language="JavaScript"
       window.resizeTo(500,500) 
    </script> 

Thursday, September 18, 2008 10:35 PM