none
Event ID 1030 - Source OLMA RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

I've recently started installing the required software to sync Active Directory with our Live@EDU domain.

I've installed and configured Microsoft Forefront Identity Manager with the Outlook Live Management Agent extension. Everything seems to be working fine, I can do all of the test commands located at http://help.outlook.com/en-us/140/dd490628.aspx to test the installation/synchronization up to the "Hosted (Live@Edu) - Delta Import" step. Synchronization service manager then tells me I need to do a Full Sync instead of a Delta Import at this point, which I proceeded to do.

No matter what, I always end up with the "stopped-extension-dll-exception" error in the Synchronization Service Manager. I've checked event logs to see where it's failing, and here is what I find:

-----------------------------------  EVENT ID 1030 - Source: OLMA

Failed to load an assemly required for GALSync. Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Program Files\Microsoft Forefront Identity Manager\2010\Synchronization Service\Extensions\Microsoft.Exchange.Data.resources.dll' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

-----------------------------------

AND

----------------------------------- EVENT ID 6159 - Source: FimSynchronizationService

The management agent "LiveAtEdu" failed on run profile "Full Sync" because of a problem with the initialize method on the extension object. The extension dll is "Microsoft.Exchange.GALSync.RulesExtensions.dll" and the stack trace is:

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Forefront Identity Manager\2010\Synchronization Service\MaData\Hosted\ConfigurationParameters.xml'.
       at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
       at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath)
       at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
       at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options)
       at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Encoding encoding, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks, Int32 bufferSize)
       at System.IO.StreamReader..ctor(String path, Boolean detectEncodingFromByteOrderMarks)
       at Microsoft.Exchange.GALSync.Common.ConfigurationParameters.DeserializeConfigurationParameters(String maName)
       at Microsoft.Exchange.GALSync.RulesExtensions.MAExtensionObject.Microsoft.MetadirectoryServices.IMASynchronization.Initialize()

----------------------------------

Can anybody point me in the right direction with this? I am at a loss... Google hasn't helped me out very much with this one.

Thank you for any insight that you could provide.

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 12:26 PM

All replies

• Is this file:

(...) path 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Forefront Identity Manager\2010\Synchronization Service\MaData\Hosted\ConfigurationParameters.xml'. (...) 

in place?

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 2:42 PM
  • Did you do a normal installation of OLsync, or did you do a custom installation, extract the components, and only install the Outlook Live Management Agent itself?

If a normal installation, did you run the installation "as Administrator"?  I don't know how likely, but UAC might have blocked some parts of the installation from succeeding.

Chris

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 6:39 PM