Windows server 2008 r2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

My name is Jacques. I am trying to create an image of my server 2008 r2 but it ask me to add roles and features that is correct but when I acces to the server manager panel I cannot add any roles any features. it replies "Error: Cannot display data until your computer is restarted." I tried to restart it several times but it still doesn't work I tried several other solutions still does not work. 

Can somebody help me to solve it please?

• Changed type Andy Qi Monday, October 21, 2013 4:50 PM
    Monday, October 7, 2013 2:54 PM

Answers

• This error is similar to when you install a role or feature with a user, the server will reboot but not start with the same user that you installed the role or feature.

Usually after installing a role or feature, the server performs post manager restart with the same user.

Please sign in with the user server to install the feature or role before, it sure will look and finish server manager to configure. After this you can install new features.

regards

El éxito nunca llega solo; hay que trabajar arduamente para conseguirlo.

• Marked as answer by Andy Qi Monday, October 21, 2013 4:50 PM
    Tuesday, October 8, 2013 4:01 AM

All replies

• Sorry, just to clarify a little more. 

How are you creating an image of the OS?

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. Milton Goh

Tuesday, October 8, 2013 3:31 AM
  • This error is similar to when you install a role or feature with a user, the server will reboot but not start with the same user that you installed the role or feature.

Usually after installing a role or feature, the server performs post manager restart with the same user.

Please sign in with the user server to install the feature or role before, it sure will look and finish server manager to configure. After this you can install new features.

regards

El éxito nunca llega solo; hay que trabajar arduamente para conseguirlo.

• Marked as answer by Andy Qi Monday, October 21, 2013 4:50 PM
    Tuesday, October 8, 2013 4:01 AM
  • Hi,

The quick way is using the windows server backup manager that's the way i try to create it. if you could find another tht will be find

Monday, October 21, 2013 7:30 PM
  • Hi,

Sorry I did it but it still display the same message back to me. "cannot display data until computer is restarted"

Monday, October 21, 2013 7:31 PM