Low graphics scoring, Radeon 9600 series RRS feed

• Question

• My scoring for the windows experience index under graphics is 1.0, and gaming graphics is 2.0. I figured it must be the driver, so I attempted to download the newest ATI catylist to correct this. 3 times I downloaded it my computer crashed and would not restart in windows. I had to reboot in safety and get rid of the new install. I finally got it to update a new driver on 8/15/2006, but the scoring is still the same and it isn't running any smoother. My pages lag when I try to bring them up and when I right click on an application for a menu, all I get is a blank box until I scroll over it and then the options appear.

I have the Radeon 9600 series ATI technologies, updated 8/15/2006 with version 7.15.11.0

Windows Vista Ultimate with a 32 bit OS

Processor is the Intel Celeron CPU 2.70 GHz 2.69 GHz

Motherboard is the P4X400 Dragon Lite-has been discontinued and showing no new updates

Any ideas on what could be going on here? My husband said something about getting in to the bios/cmos to change something, but I would like some clarification before I go snoopig in there.

Thanks.

Monday, November 13, 2006 1:10 PM

All replies

• many ppl including myself can not get the ati driver working.

check device manager > ati card > properties to see if you get the error code 43.
    Monday, November 13, 2006 5:26 PM
  • I do not get the error.
    Thursday, November 16, 2006 6:17 PM