DHCP Issues with Active/Active configuration. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

We recently replaced some Windows 2003 Server DHCP servers with new 2012 DHCP servers running in failover mode but have been experiencing various issues ever since the siwtch over.

Scopes from the old server were exported using NETSH and imported into the 2012 server using the same method (I HAVE installed the patch that dealt with replication problems if going down this import route). However we've been experiencing several issues since the switch over to the ew servers:

• We are seeing a number of "BAD_ADDRESS" message appearing in the scope, however these are only there for a few seconds before being cleared automatically. I'm not sure if this is business as usual or if that is highlighting a problem. (I'm not sure if this is a by-product of a lease renewal as it seem sot only be as leases expire)
    • I'm not sure replication between the 2 new 2012 DHCP servers is working correctly. If I force a replication manually the returns that all scopes are in sync, however if I look at the lease's they are different on both servers, this has resulted in some duplicate IP addresses being issued.

We're recently enabled duplicate detection on both servers and I'm waiting to see if that has made any difference to the issues.

Any help with this is appreciated.

Tuesday, October 1, 2013 12:38 PM

All replies

• I have seen the  "BAD_ADDRESS"  problem when dealing with Cisco ASA firewalls and internal routes due to the proxy arp handling of the device.

Britt

Friday, September 26, 2014 1:36 PM