none
Sync the same "Onedrive for Business" account on different computer RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all,

I'm trying to make two computers identical through the same Office365 account in order to use one PC as a backup of the other. I was able to perfectly align the mailboxes so that when the two computers are turned on and connected all mail items are successfully synced in real time on both clients.

I've tried to perform the same with "Onedrive for Business" opening this tool on both clients with the same Office365 account but it's not working as expected: When I add new items in the "One Drive for business" of one PC (and the other PC is turned on and connected), those new items, instead of being copied on the other PC, are instead deleted from the first location within a couple of minutes.

Is there a way to force "One Drive for Business" on the second PC to align with the new items added on the first PC instead of deleting those newly added items on the first PC?

Thank you for considering my request

Tuesday, August 2, 2016 9:39 AM

All replies

• Hi Asa74,

I am not sure if I understand you correctly.

Do you mean "You login in onedrive for business on two different computers with the same account. If you upload a file to onedrive for business via the first computer, it will be deleted after a couple of minutes"?

If yes, I have tested with the same situation. It works fine.

Per my knowledge, the files are stored in the cloud. It should be available in the second computer.

I suggest you testing with another account.

Best Regards,

CY

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 3, 2016 3:00 AM
  • Hi CY,

thank you for your kind answer.

I missed one information: on both computers I have the "Onedrive for Business" sync client installed. This means that I'm not going to upload files in PC1 through the Office365 web interface but through the sync client.

Best regards, Alessandro

Wednesday, August 3, 2016 9:33 AM