none
Help with Custom Reports in DPM 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• My supervisor and I have created a few custom built reports in DPM.  whenin a web browser and accessing http://{dpmservername}/reports_msdpm2010, and then the DPMReports link, the reports are present.  the report open and display the data we want.

also, in the DPM console, under the Reporting Tab, the report is shown. 

this is where the issue lies. when i click on the new report, it immediatly receives and error.

"DPM cannot perform this action because no vaild property settings have been detected for this report."

what do i need and where does it need to be in order for our custom made reports to be ran from within the DPM admin console.

thanks

Ian

Ian
    Tuesday, January 18, 2011 5:04 PM

Answers

• Hi Ian,

DPM stores it's default reports in %systemdrive%\Program Files\Microsoft DPM\DPM\bin\DpmReports as .rdl files. I tried creating a custom report and placing the .rdl file in the DPM reporting directory. That did not work. There currently is no way to get custom DPM reports in the DPM admin console. You have to view any custom DPM reports that you have created on the SQL Reporting Services site.

Monday, January 31, 2011 6:11 AM

All replies

• Hi Ian,

DPM stores it's default reports in %systemdrive%\Program Files\Microsoft DPM\DPM\bin\DpmReports as .rdl files. I tried creating a custom report and placing the .rdl file in the DPM reporting directory. That did not work. There currently is no way to get custom DPM reports in the DPM admin console. You have to view any custom DPM reports that you have created on the SQL Reporting Services site.

Monday, January 31, 2011 6:11 AM
  • I would certainly like to see some more reports added to DPM in the next release, or service pack.  These basic reports haven't changed since 2006.  It would be useful to have one that graphs scheduled times of backup jobs, for instance, so admins can stagger jobs more effectively.

Even better might be a report authoring tool for DPM, like the one System Center Service Manager 2010 has.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011 9:00 PM
  • Hola!! disculpame tu ya tienes conocimiento de como realizar reportes o informes de DPM2010? Necesito una gran ayuda o asesoria podrias?
    Tuesday, May 15, 2012 2:33 PM
  • But you have knowledge of reports for DPM2010? I have a technet link from microsoft but there is only a view of reports.

EXAMPLE: The client is asking me a report showing q computers that have the agent installed and is occupying as much information on the disk that currentlysupport
    Thursday, May 17, 2012 3:31 PM
  • Unfortunately, due to the limited DPM reports, there is not an existing report that will tell exactly what you want.

The Disk Utilization Report aggregates all computers within a Protection Group, so you can't tell exactly how much space is being used by one individual computer unless you put each computer in its own Protection Group.

To report which servers have the DPM Agent installed, you could use System Center Configuration Manager and make a Software Inventory rule to track the DPM Agent.  That would be available in the CfgMgr Software Inventory Reports.

But the only way to combine both of these data sources into a single report for BI would be to use a custom SSRS RDL and some SQL queries on both CM and DPM DBs.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc161233.aspx

Thursday, May 24, 2012 11:34 PM