none
Collecting CPU, GPU and operating logs RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to write a windows script, but I don't know where to start.  My goal is to log my cpu, cores, and GPU temps to a database that resides in a different machine.  I have tried using WMIC commands, but apparently functionality with WMIC is mobo dependent and my ASUS board doesn't play nice with temp queries.  

ASUS has some software that provides all of the data that I want and more, but there doesn't seem to be any way to export it.

Using CoreTemp or RealTemp is a start, either of those are capable of outputting the cpu temps at the intervals that I specify into a CSV.  In the case of CoreTemp, at least, the CSV that contains the data is updated with the new data at the interval specified, and the file name is changed to a  name containing the timestamp.  

Questions:

1. CoreTemp, RealTeamp and NZXT Cam are all capable of reaching in to a lower level and pulling  out the data that I want, regardless of the mobo manufacturer.  How can I do it too?

2. If I use the the CSV that CoreTemp logs, how would that script look?  I was thinking of duplicating the csv and then renaming the duplicate to a constant name, so that it is constantly updated with new info.  Then using PSCP to transfer the file to my db host.    

Is there a better way?

3. It would be really nice if I could use a message protocol like MQTT or STOMP or something to send the data to the db host machine.  Is this possible?

This is my first time trying windows scripting, All ideas and input are welcome!

Tuesday, November 13, 2018 11:54 AM

Answers

All replies