none
Can I have two or multiple status managers for one task? RRS feed

• Question

• Can I have two or multiple status managers for one task?

I need to add more than one status manager for the each application.  Kindly let me know is this possible?

Tuesday, August 7, 2012 12:13 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I am sorry to tell, you can only have one Status Manager by task. The only work around is to create two tasks, since I assume that there are certain responsiblities you need to be refleceted by Status Manager - so you could do by separating task.

The only other possibility is to allow them to work as delegate for each other, if your question is related to work as a sort of backup.

Regards
    Barbara

Tuesday, August 7, 2012 12:44 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I am sorry to tell, you can only have one Status Manager by task. The only work around is to create two tasks, since I assume that there are certain responsiblities you need to be refleceted by Status Manager - so you could do by separating task.

The only other possibility is to allow them to work as delegate for each other, if your question is related to work as a sort of backup.

Regards
    Barbara

Tuesday, August 7, 2012 12:44 PM
  • As Barbara mentioned, you can only have one value per task for status manager. Not sure on your exact requirement but look into delegation and the assignment owner field. Perhaps consider using the timesheet functionality which introduces the concept of a timesheet manager. There is also a setting which allows you to enforce the timesheet manager approves the timesheet before the approval items is created for the status manager. Hope that helps.

Regards,

Piet Remen
    http://pietremen.blogspot.com.au

Tuesday, August 7, 2012 4:12 PM