Conference in Skype for Business and 'normal' Skype users - how it works? RRS feed

• Question

• I recently became a Skype for Business user (and also a domain administrator). Sometimes it is necessary to make a connection with Skype for Home users ("normal" Skype) - no problem, individual calls one-to-one (Skype for Business <> Skype for Home) are possible.

The problem appeared in the case of conferences. Maybe someone can explain to me how it works, because I can not find any information on the Internet. When a Skype for Business user create a conference, he can easily add other Skype for Business users to it. However, when trying to add a Skype for Home user, only the "error occurred" message appears - and nothing more.

Can Skype for Home users join the conference created in Skype for Business, or maybe I am doing something wrong or do I need to activate something (in the administration center of Skype for Business)?
    Friday, April 13, 2018 6:54 PM

Answers

• What you're finding is by design and not likely to change.  Skype for Business to Skype Consumer calls are one-to-one only, they can't participate in a conference.  If you need this, you'll want a third party app like BlueJeans, or simply have the Skype home user join with the Skype for Business Web App.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote" on the left side of the response, and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, SWC, their employees, or other MVPs.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Monday, April 16, 2018 4:47 AM
    • Marked as answer by Karol Szadkowski Saturday, April 21, 2018 8:57 PM
    Friday, April 13, 2018 8:35 PM
  • Hi karol,

Agree with Anthony.

So far, between Skype for Business client and Skype software, it is only support peer-to-peer IM, A\V chat but not meeting also with share desktop\PPT or others.

You can provide feedback with the link below, we will collect all your information and improve or pfoduct.
    https://www.skypefeedback.com/

Best Regards,
    Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Monday, April 16, 2018 9:04 AM
    Monday, April 16, 2018 4:49 AM

All replies

• What you're finding is by design and not likely to change.  Skype for Business to Skype Consumer calls are one-to-one only, they can't participate in a conference.  If you need this, you'll want a third party app like BlueJeans, or simply have the Skype home user join with the Skype for Business Web App.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote" on the left side of the response, and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, SWC, their employees, or other MVPs.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Monday, April 16, 2018 4:47 AM
    Friday, April 13, 2018 8:35 PM
  • Hi karol,

Agree with Anthony.

So far, between Skype for Business client and Skype software, it is only support peer-to-peer IM, A\V chat but not meeting also with share desktop\PPT or others.

You can provide feedback with the link below, we will collect all your information and improve or pfoduct.
    https://www.skypefeedback.com/

Best Regards,
    Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Monday, April 16, 2018 9:04 AM
    Monday, April 16, 2018 4:49 AM
  • Are there any update about this issue?

Best Regards,
    Alice Wang

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Wednesday, April 18, 2018 10:00 AM
    Tuesday, April 17, 2018 10:34 AM
  • If the reply is helpful to you, please mark it as an answer, it will help others who has similar issue

Best Regards,
    Alice Wang

Friday, April 20, 2018 9:49 AM