HotKeys or Macros for Outlook Response RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All, 

At my job I sent out many emails through Outlook, many of those emails are repetitive uniform emails. Right now I have them saved as Signatures so everytime I come across a question for Accessing Questions for out system, or Common Searching techniques i use that saved signatured response. I was wondering if there was a way I could use a hotkey or macro to do this? Rather than going into Signatures and selecting the response I want. 

Thanks! 

DannyQ

Wednesday, May 16, 2018 10:40 PM

All replies

• Hi All, 

At my job I sent out many emails through Outlook, many of those emails are repetitive uniform emails. Right now I have them saved as Signatures so everytime I come across a question for Accessing Questions for out system, or Common Searching techniques i use that saved signatured response. I was wondering if there was a way I could use a hotkey or macro to do this? Rather than going into Signatures and selecting the response I want. 

Thanks! 

DannyQ

I'm using Outlook 2016, if that provides any further clarity. 
    Wednesday, May 16, 2018 10:42 PM
  • At my job I sent out many emails through Outlook, many of those emails are repetitive uniform emails. Right now I have them saved as Signatures so everytime I come across a question for Accessing Questions for out system, or Common Searching techniques i use that saved signatured response. I was wondering if there was a way I could use a hotkey or macro to do this? Rather than going into Signatures and selecting the response I want.

Hi DannnyQ,

If I understand correctly, you may take advantage of Quick Steps in Outlook for this situation.

1. On the ribbon, click Home, click the more option button in the Quick Steps group, create new custom quick step.
    2. Provide a name for the quick step. Select Reply or Reply All as the action, input the uniform response in the Text box, choose a shortcut key if necessary, click Save:

3. Repeat the process for all the uniform emails which you may need. Next time you receive a message, you can click the message in message list, then choose from the Quick Steps section on the ribbon and press Send to send out the response.

For more details about how to use Quick Steps, hopefully you can find the following article helpful: 

Automate common or repetitive tasks with Quick Steps

(The article talks about Outlook 2010 but it also applies to Outlook 2016)

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, May 17, 2018 6:27 AM
  • In addition, an alternative which may be more automatic is that you may create several templates(See Create an email message template.), then create some new rules to automatically reply with the template based on the key words in the subject or message body. For example:

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun 

Thursday, May 17, 2018 7:12 AM
  • Hi DannyQ,

I am writing to see how everything is going with this issue. Is the problem resolved? If there is anything I can do for you, please feel free to let me know.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 9:54 AM