none
Custom fields and Lookup Tables RRS feed

• Question

• I have been using a custom column in a gannt sheet for a while in a programme MSP and in one of the fields I have prepared a set of milestone titles that I use as headings that I inputted in the lookup table.  these are then used to collate groups of milestones to project workstreams.  I have now brought in a new MSP project, and am using the same custom sheet to allow me to again filter into workstream milestones.  the issue I have is when I go into custom fields, add in the list of titles in the lookup table, and close out the tables, when I log the MSP off and save back to server , when it is reopened the list has been deleted and there are no drop down menus in the fields of the custom column.  I have tried changing the filter settings, looking at every option and am stumped.  This seem illogical as the previous MSP project still works perfectly and pulls through its milestone drop down list every time I log the programme on. 

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated

Saturday, August 19, 2017 9:24 PM

All replies

• Hello John, are you talking about a local custom field, or an enterprise custom field? I assume you have created a lookup table within the PWA settings and linked it to a ecf, right? Are the lookup values disappearing in the PWA AND the Project Client, or just in the Desktop? Have you included the field in a view within the desktop client?

Best regards,

Julian, PMP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE

Blog: https://project-brain.com

Note: Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

Tuesday, August 22, 2017 6:16 AM