Extending the ring duration RRS feed

• Question

• Morning,

our call centers have asked if it's possible to extend the duration of a call coming through? I've done a few searches online and others have asked similar questions but I can't see an obvious setting that needs adjusting.

sefautil appears to be the way others are doing it by extending the timeout to 60 seconds maximum but i'm trying to find something online that says it is a hard limit from microsoft or something to help me extend it.

We use a third party call center application on top of Skype so I don't think a response group would work.

.: Lister :.

Wednesday, June 19, 2019 10:13 AM

All replies

• Hi Mike Lister,

I saw the call duration setting in Exchange UM dial plan, however, I didn’t find any configuration about it in the Skype for Business server side. 

In my research, I only find that you could change the time for “Ring for this many seconds before redirecting” in “call forwarding settings”. I’m afraid there is no option to change the call duration with Skype for Business server.

Best Regards,
    Shaw Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Shaw_Lu Monday, June 24, 2019 6:13 AM
    Thursday, June 20, 2019 6:14 AM
  • Hi,

Do you have any further issue on this topic?

Meanwhile, if there is no issue, please remember to mark helpful reply as answer to close the thread. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Shaw Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, June 26, 2019 7:21 AM
  • Thanks Shaw, 

Extending the number of seconds before redirecting to voicemail sounds like it would allow the call to ring for users longer? changing this to 60 seconds would then allow a call to last for 60 seconds before going to voicemail? 

Would you agree? 

Thursday, June 27, 2019 7:43 AM
  • Hi Mike Lister,

Yes, I think it could extend the ring duration.

I found a related blog about this, though it is OCS, I think it also works with Lync/Skype for Business:

http://ms-uc.herber.co/?p=58

Best Regards,
    Shaw Lu

• Proposed as answer by Shaw_Lu Thursday, June 27, 2019 9:52 AM
    Thursday, June 27, 2019 8:02 AM
  • Thanks Shaw, 

I've made the changes on the client and 60 seconds still times out for the voicemail. I have changed it to 55 seconds and it appears to be ok now. 

I'm not going to look at how i can get this setting rolled out to all 5000 staff. 

Thanks

Friday, June 28, 2019 10:18 AM
  • Hi Mike Lister,

Glad to see it is useful.

Meanwhile, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who have the similar issue.

Thank you for your understanding and patience!

Best Regards,
    Shaw Lu

Monday, July 1, 2019 9:06 AM