none
The subject of the message in the log (Exchange) RRS feed

• Question

• Good afternoon!

Prompt please, the situation is as follows:

When accessing corporate email via Exchange, I begin to read the message, and download files as an attachment.

As a result, in the IIS logs recorded the name of the downloaded file in the attachment, my address and my name at login.

Question, how to record in log "The subject of the message" where the attachment has been downloaded?

Tuesday, June 7, 2016 2:09 PM

Answers

• That may be true, David, but the message tracking logs don't track the downloading of attachments by clients, only the transmission of such attachments through transport.  Correlating the two would be extremely difficult.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Wednesday, June 8, 2016 7:23 AM

All replies

• What's there is what's there, sorry.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Tuesday, June 7, 2016 9:44 PM
  • Hi,

I am not sure of your question.

Do you want to find the "The subject of the message" in the logs?

In general,we can use the Message tracking log to get the message-subject.

You can refer to the following article to learn more detailed information about message tracking log:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb124375(v=exchg.160).aspx

Regards,

David

Wednesday, June 8, 2016 6:50 AM
  • That may be true, David, but the message tracking logs don't track the downloading of attachments by clients, only the transmission of such attachments through transport.  Correlating the two would be extremely difficult.

Wednesday, June 8, 2016 7:23 AM