D3D11Install.exe install issue RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to play my game Watch dogs, after waiting weeks just to download the bl**dy thing now it wont let me play due to some annoying file once again thanks windows,  D3D11Install.exe, I have followed other peoples advise and tried to delete all files in wow64 directx folder but there's nothing in there, i have no hidden files there all on show and i dont have a directx directory in x86 side either so i can't delete them also.
    when i try to play the game all i get is this,
    "D3D11Install.exe cannot start or run due to incompatibility with 64 -bit version of windows"
    is there a 64 bit version because I can't find one anywhere,

man i really beginning to hate windows. what with blue screens, IE crashes , nothing seems to work right with windows, this just winds me up, for the first time ever i'm thinking it maybe apple time! they don't have as many issues or blue screens for that matter.
    I'm kind of at my wits end with this crap, I'm close to dumping the game because it's lost it's zest and binning windows for good.
    Oh well last chance saloon!, does anyone know if theres a 64bit version of this annoying ass file D3D11Install.exe
    big thanks in advance to any one who can help here.

Wednesday, May 28, 2014 9:02 PM

All replies

• Hi,

About this issue, I suggest you contact the game's support to see if there is compatible version.

Karen Hu
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, May 29, 2014 8:47 AM