Groupwise Outlook Addin Deployment for on-premise solution RRS feed

• Question

• Is there any way to deploy outlook addin to a specific user group in case of on-premise Outlook and directory service.
    Centralized Deployment Centre is not available in case of on-premise solution, Is there any way to access that. And EAC(Exchange Admin Centre) allows us to deploy addin throughout the organisation, there is no such option for specifying user groups.

I have also tried powershell cmdlets to deploy addins, but again powershell cmdlets connect to office 365 by default. Is there any option to use  "Connect-OrganizationAddInService" like commands to connect to on-premise exchange server.

And apart from that is there any other workaround for group-wise addin deployment in case of on-premise solution.
    Friday, April 5, 2019 10:03 AM

Answers

• Hi,

As far as I know, we can deploy outlook addin to a specific user group via Centralized Deployment. But Centralized Deployment Centre is not available if you are deploying add-ins in an on-premises environment.

So if you are deploying add-ins in an on-premises environment, use a SharePoint catalog. For details, see Publish task pane and content add-ins to a SharePoint catalog. But I'm not sure whether it can achieve your purpose.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, April 8, 2019 7:52 AM

All replies

• Hi,

As far as I know, we can deploy outlook addin to a specific user group via Centralized Deployment. But Centralized Deployment Centre is not available if you are deploying add-ins in an on-premises environment.

So if you are deploying add-ins in an on-premises environment, use a SharePoint catalog. For details, see Publish task pane and content add-ins to a SharePoint catalog. But I'm not sure whether it can achieve your purpose.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, April 8, 2019 7:52 AM
  • Hi,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    And if you need further assistance on this, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Thursday, April 11, 2019 1:20 AM
  • Will it work for Outlook Addins as well
    Friday, April 12, 2019 8:21 AM