Disaster - all users have lost My Items RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We use ProClarity 6.2, with all users running on Citrix.

Today all users have lost their My Items (this has not happened in over 5 years of using ProClarity in this way). My Views and Shared items are OK. Any ideas of what could have happened, and whether we can retrieve them?

Where are My items stored? Can we restore the PAS database to get these back?

Thanks
    Les
    Monday, December 14, 2009 11:30 PM

All replies

• The My Items are stored locally on the machine in the user's profile under the Application Data directory (AppData for newer OS's).  They are stored in a file called Options.xml.  It has been a while since I worked with Citrix but I seem to recall that it has a capability to allow for roaming profiles or fixed profiles.  Perhaps someone switched it so the users are no longer going to the same profile directory each time they log in.  Hopefully the Options.xml files are still on the machine though so you wouldn't lose everything.

Another thing that can cause you to "lose" your My Items is to move the cubes to another machine.  If, for example, the cubes have been on Server123 and you move them to ServerXYZ, then the My Items will disappear.  They really have not disappeared.  ProClarity stores the information in Options.xml under the Server, Database, and Cube name.  If one of these changes, ProClarity will be looking in the wrong spot for the My Items.  Microsoft used to have a utility that I gave them that allowed you to copy your my items content to a new node.  Contact your Microsoft support folks about it.  If they no longer provide it, or have no clue what you are talking about, let me know and I will see if I can find it for you.

-Jason
    Tuesday, December 29, 2009 6:49 PM
  • i have the same situation, and i can not access user's Application Data directory.

what's a terrible thing!

can i ask for the tools you provide to microsoft?

thanks

--------------------------------------------------------

peter

Tuesday, December 28, 2010 9:25 AM
  • Jason,

I need this tool as I have moved my Analaysis Services database and now my users can't see their "My items". Can you supply it? I'd be hugely grateful.

I had a look at options.xml and didn't like it very much.

Tom Pullen

Wednesday, August 31, 2011 1:37 PM