Gadgets not working in rc7 RRS feed

• Question

• Gadgets not working in rc7, no matter what i do cant get gadgets to work through control panel or right click. any ideas that i havent used??
    • Moved by Ronnie VernonMVP Sunday, July 26, 2009 2:28 PM Focus (From:Windows 7 Miscellaneous)
    Friday, July 17, 2009 4:28 PM

All replies

• What do you mean? Right-click on the desktop, and there is no context menu with "Gadgets"? That should be there. Gadgets are working on the RC, as I can clearly see looking at my clock, local weather info and calendar.
    Mobile AMD64 3000+, VIA Apollo K8T800 chipset, 1 G RAM, ATIRadeonMobility 9700, 20x DVDRW, C:XPSP3 (55G),D:WIN7 (25G),F:DATA (250G)
    Friday, July 17, 2009 7:03 PM
  • Hi Brigadoom, sanmartin

If you right click on the desktop window opens with gadgets listed if it's not in the menue it might be that they are switched off open Programs and features in control panel, click on Turn on or off windows features a window full of features loads scroll down to windows Gadgets platform and check if not checked by default. There is another turn on off but just can't think at mo let me know if it works
    Davey
    Friday, July 17, 2009 7:26 PM
  • Gadgets not working in rc7, no matter what i do cant get gadgets to work through control panel or right click. any ideas that i havent used??

Brigadoom -

Have you turned UAC completely off? If so, the gadgets won't work. It must be on at least the minimal setting.
    Saturday, July 18, 2009 8:00 PM
  • Right now I have my UAC set to never notify but the gadgets work as usual.
    If it isn't Mr. Seven it's not.
    Saturday, July 18, 2009 9:51 PM