none
OData error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone

I am new to powerBI and I wanted to connect it to my dynamics 365 instance. 

However, the following error keeps popping whenever I try to connect.

"Odata: the feed's metadata document appears to be invalid power BI and dynamics 365"

Can anyone help me regarding that ???

Regards 

Yasmeen Zada

Sunday, January 14, 2018 2:44 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Yasmeen. Where are you seeing this error? A screenshot would be helpful (although it may take a bit of time for the forum to allow you to post a screenshot).

Ehren

Wednesday, January 17, 2018 8:33 PM
    Owner
  • Same for us "DataSource.Error: OData: The feed's metadata document appears to be invalid.
    Details:
        DataSourceKind=OData
        DataSourcePath=https://*****prototype.crm4.dynamics.com/api/data/v8.2/$metadata"

we tried 8.0; 8.2; 9.0 with different new created vanilla trials for dynamics 365 online for sales. If we use the endpoint url in the browser, everything works fine. This article does not help, the extracted fetch i.e. works excelent. Newest version of PowerBI Desktop installed (2.55.5010.641 64-bit (Februar 2018)) Please help.

Tuesday, February 13, 2018 10:43 AM
  • Hello Stefan,

Since these are new instances, would you be able to share the contents of "
    https://*****prototype.crm4.dynamics.com/api/data/v8.0/$metadata" (adjusting accordingly for your instance name)?
    Tuesday, February 13, 2018 5:51 PM
  • I too am seeing this issue - i have raised a call with MS to look at it.  connecting via the PowerBI desktop app to any D365 instance on any version API results in the ODATA invalid error.
    Wednesday, February 14, 2018 9:18 AM
  • Hello. any news yet?

I'm facing the same error trying to connect to D365 through Excel Sheet.

:(

Sunday, February 25, 2018 10:42 PM
  • Hi all,

I am also experiencing this issue with a load of CRMs and cannot connect to any of them.

Is there any update or further information on this?

Thank,

Matt

Tuesday, June 12, 2018 10:43 AM
  • Same error here. Trying to connect from Power BI Desktop with the same error recults.

Any response yet on how to solve this?

Monday, June 25, 2018 8:59 AM
  • Note that the issue that has been occurring the last few days is different from the original issue in this thread. The new issue is affecting you if you are using the June release of Power BI Desktop and creating new connections with a URL containing one of "v8.0", "v8.1", or "v8.2". We are working with Dynamics on a long-term solution. For now though, you can revert to the pre-June connector to avoid this issue:

1. If the Dynamics instance you wish to connect to is in your “Recent Sources” dropdown on the ribbon, then you can skip the other steps by creating a new connection through that; this will likely create a connection using the configuration from before the June release.
    2. Otherwise, go the “Get Data” dropdown on the ribbon and click on “Blank Query”.
    3. In the window that appears, go to the formula bar under the ribbon and enter:
    = OData.Feed("[Your CRM endpoint URL]")

replacing [Your CRM endpoint URL] with the URL you would normally connect to.

1. Hit enter. You will see a table appear listing the feeds you have access to. Find the row containing the feed you wish to load, and then click on the “Table” cell in the same row.
    2. You will now be where the CRM connector would normally drop you off when you choose to “edit” your query after initially creating it. If you wish to apply any transformations, you may now do so as you normally would. Otherwise you can load the query into Power BI Desktop by clicking on the “Close & Apply” button in the ribbon.
    Monday, June 25, 2018 5:20 PM