Transparent window when calling or sharing RRS feed

• Question

• Here is a screen shot of what the Skype for Business window looks like at the time someone calls me or attempts to share their screen.  You can see the bottom and right edge of the Skype window which I have outline in red and everything within the edges is transparent.  I have to completely end the call and close out of the window, and then re-launch the window to get it to reset.  This happens multiple times throughout the day.

Any ideas as to why the window randomly turns transparent when making or receiving calls?

Thanks,

Josh

Josh Brekke

Saturday, April 11, 2020 2:05 PM

All replies

• Hi Josh!

Does anyone else have the same issue?

According to your description, we recommend you try to follow these tips to see if it can fix your issue:

*Please make sure that OS and Skype for Business client are latest update.

*Try to perfoming a clean Boot in Windows.

*Clean the Skype for Business client cahche:

1. Right click the Windows icon and open the Run bar

2. Type in: %localappdata%\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Lync\ folder

3. Delete the sip profile folder. 

4. Go into the Tracing folder, delete all files, but not the folders.

Best Regards,
    Jimmy Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com
    Monday, April 13, 2020 9:20 AM
  • Hi,
    Is there any update on this case?
    Please feel free to drop us a note if there is any update.
    Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Jimmy Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com

Friday, April 17, 2020 11:46 AM
  • Hi Jimmy,

I've completed deleting the sip folder and removed all files inside the Tracing folder, as well as any sub folders.

I'll let you know if I still experience issues.  Since it occurs intermittently, I'm not sure when it will happen again (if it does).

Thanks for your help!

Josh

Josh Brekke

Saturday, April 18, 2020 2:02 PM
  • Hi Josh Bre!

Okay, if you have any questions, please feel free to update this post!

Thank you!

Best Regards,
    Jimmy Yang

Wednesday, April 22, 2020 6:32 AM