WSUS on unreliable internet connection RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am tring to use WSUS on an unreliable internet connection. I am able to start the synchronisation process but due to poor internet connection and speed, am not able to download large service packs. The synchronisation starts from 0% everytime whenever the internet connection drops while downloading a large patch or service pack. Please suggest an alternate method or server setting too overcome this problem.
    Devendra
    Saturday, June 6, 2009 4:10 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for your post.

Before going any further, I’d like to confirm the following things.

1.      Where does this issue happened, on server or client?

2.      Can you download some large files from the Internet on the problematic machine?

3.      What do you mean about “unreliable internet connection”? could you tell us more details?

If the issue really related to poor internet connection, I suggest you change it. You may access the internet from a well connection to see if it works.

Regards,

Nick Gu - MSFT
    Wednesday, June 10, 2009 5:51 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for your post.

Before going any further, I’d like to confirm the following things.

1.      Where does this issue happened, on server or client?

2.      Can you download some large files from the Internet on the problematic machine?

3.      What do you mean about “unreliable internet connection”? could you tell us more details?

If the issue really related to poor internet connection, I suggest you change it. You may access the internet from a well connection to see if it works.

Regards,

Nick Gu - MSFT
    Wednesday, June 10, 2009 5:51 AM
  • Hi Nick,

Thanks for your response. The problem scenario is as follows:

1. I have  a poor and slow(128 KBps) internet connection.
    2. When I try to sync WSUS server for service packs (large updates) the download breaks in between and restarts from 0% when the connection is unavailable.
    3. I want to know if I can copy the large updates in WSUS manually.
    4. I am in no position to change the internet connection as of now.

Thanks a ton.

Regards
    Devendra
    Devendra
    Tuesday, June 16, 2009 9:01 AM