Word 2013 freeze when saving documents RRS feed

• Question

• Environment: Windows 8.1
    Office 365 ProPlus (2013)

Hi,

I have the following problem:

Our laptops have an network drive to our fileserver. This is only available, if the laptop is connected to the local network
    or with an connected vpn session.

Office 2013 is installed locally (we do not use the cloud version)

If laptop is not connected to the vpn or local network word freeze when trying to save a document to the local harddisk.

I just need to open a new document, File\Save as\Computer\ Desktop and word freeze until i kill the process or open an vpn connection.

Hope anyone has an idea.

Matthias

Friday, February 19, 2016 1:17 PM

Answers

• Hi Matthias,

Did you open a document which is located on your file server when you want to Save as it to local machine?

Please do the following test to narrow down the issue:
    1. On Windows 8.1, open Word 2013 app.
    2. Click File > New, click blank document.
    3. Copy any document contents and paste it to this new blank document.
    4. Click File\Save as\Computer\Desktop and confirm if the Word freeze.

If Word 2013 still freeze with once you click save as Desktop, change a local save as location. Disable any third-party antivirus program. Restart Outlook in safe mode to save document. Additionally, also try George's suggestion in the thread below:
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/98e23bd7-b706-4e80-af35-701b2019a943/word-2013-freeze-when-saving-documents?forum=officeitpro

Waiting for your updates.

Regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Winnie Liang
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, February 22, 2016 9:29 AM