Itunes problem RRS feed

• Question

• I am unable to open my ITunes folder.  I have uninstalled my ITunes and QuickTime files and reinstalled them again from the Apple website.  When I try to open ITunes the message I receive is:

"The application of DLL C:\\WINDOWS\system32\softpub.dll is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette."

Any ideas about what I need to do to be able to open ITunes again?

Sunday, January 27, 2008 12:15 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Please try following points to intall ITunes and QuickTime again:

1. On the Start menu, click All Programs.

2. Click Accessories.

3. Right-click Command Prompt and choose Run as administrator from the shortcut menu.

4. When the User Account Control dialog appears, click Continue.

5. At the command prompt type the following:regsvr32 vbscript.dll

6. Press Enter on your keyboard.

7. A message should appear stating "DllRegisterServer in vbscript.dll succeeded."

8. Click OK and try installing iTunes or QuickTime again.

As the third party software, for more information, you also can consult the apple manufacturer.

Hope it helps.

Tuesday, January 29, 2008 7:05 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please try following points to intall ITunes and QuickTime again:

1. On the Start menu, click All Programs.

2. Click Accessories.

3. Right-click Command Prompt and choose Run as administrator from the shortcut menu.

4. When the User Account Control dialog appears, click Continue.

5. At the command prompt type the following:regsvr32 vbscript.dll

6. Press Enter on your keyboard.

7. A message should appear stating "DllRegisterServer in vbscript.dll succeeded."

8. Click OK and try installing iTunes or QuickTime again.

As the third party software, for more information, you also can consult the apple manufacturer.

Hope it helps.

Tuesday, January 29, 2008 7:05 AM
  •  Stevinski wrote:
    I am unable to open my ITunes folder.  I have uninstalled my ITunes and QuickTime files and reinstalled them again from the Apple website.  When I try to open ITunes the message I receive is:

"The application of DLL C:\\WINDOWS\system32\softpub.dll is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette."

Any ideas about what I need to do to be able to open ITunes again?

i got a problem with itunes 2 i load it and it loads but when i tr to open it it says itunes has stopped working i unload and reload and i keep getting the same thing itunes has stoppd working what do you think i should do ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    Saturday, March 8, 2008 6:29 PM
  • Hi Jie-Feng Ren,

I tried your tip, however, I get a window that pops up to REPAIR - which reloads the system, or REMOVE, which I am afraid to do incase it will wipe out my library items.  Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Sass

Sunday, March 23, 2008 9:34 PM
  • Hello,

I tried your suggestion to get my daughters ITunes back up and running.  No luck.  It still tells me that path to ITunes.msi is not correct...any further suggestions?  randy848769@hotmail.com.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks a Frustrated Father

Friday, April 11, 2008 9:55 PM
  •  

Just wondering why my ITunes will not run.  It says I have downloaded it successfully and I even have the link to it on my desktop.  However, when I click on it to open iTunes, it just never opens up.  Any ideas?  I am using Windows XP.
    Thursday, April 17, 2008 11:40 PM