One sided Communicator call is showing error RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

One of my user is having a problem that he is not abel to make calls from his communicator. There is no issue with other applications, the user is able to recieve communicator calls, scheduling Live Meetings, and outlook is working fine. But when he tries to make call to someone he come across to this error

"Call was disconnected, The call was disconnected because communicator stopped recieving audio from "User". Please try the call again".

and call terminated unexpected. Only one user is affected with this issue. I have checked user's profile on the server and also checked his client end LAN settings and Firewall settings but nothing is looking suspicious.

I am absolutely clueless what’s wrong with the user.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

With Best Regards,

Gagan Asthana

gaganasthana@hotmail.com

gags
    Monday, June 7, 2010 11:45 AM

All replies

• Hi Gagan,

Is this just when that user is trying to make internatl to external Communicator calls?  Are they the only one that is external?

Have you checked out Rick Varvel's blog entry about setting up the edge:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/rickva/archive/2009/04/03/configuring-a_2f00_v-edge-service-for-nat.aspx

The issue I have seen to, is that the internal client is not able to route to the internal NIC of the Edge server. Once a call gets connected it becomes peer-to-peer, and if they are not able to route to the Edge server, you will get this error. A Live Meeting or a 3 party OC call will use the server, and if that server can route to the Edge server it will all work fine.

• Proposed as answer by ThomasForeman Thursday, September 16, 2010 9:09 PM
    Monday, June 7, 2010 2:39 PM